Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bluetooth Watch - Sony Ericcson MBW-100

Lightbulb Bluetooth Watch - Sony Ericcson MBW-100
    Hi Guys

I have a bluetooth watch .. sony ericcson (MBW-100).. and I have an Iphone. Is it possible to make these two things work together with a 3rd party app? If any developper finds a way to make it, I'll be very appreciated. I think there is a workaround to do this..

Regards
    A

I second this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

bluetooth....watch? .-.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

I have skinny wrist, this watch is so thick its perfect for Sasquatch. lol

Its a cool idea though. But $399 ?

well, look who's talking, I paid $599 for the iPhone.

i hate to bring this thread back up, but i figured it was better to search than create a new post.

i see the last post was almost a year ago now, does anybody know if these type of devices are now compatible with the iphone or still no? it doesnt necessarily have to be the sony models, but any bluetooth watch.

thanks
    Last edited by castorjay; 09-11-2008 at 10:22 AM.

any developements? - I'll pay good money!

Default Review of LM Technologies Bluetooth Watch, LM957 Sports Edition
    I looked all over for a cell-phone alert watch. I think a watch would be a nice way to notify me of calls with a vibration, because I dislike ringers.

If you ever get a Sony/Fossil watch to work, let me know, they have the nice "control your music player from your watch" feature that would be fun with iTunes. Somebody can make a lot of money with these for the iPhone.

For now, I finally tracked down (at stupid expense, from the Netherlands!) one of these LM Technologies, Bluetooth Sport watches.

I finally got it to link after I heard about entering "0000" as the PIN code in the iPhone Bluetooth settings there was no mention of codes in the watch directions. And it did vibrate when I called my phone, cool! And when I walked away from my phone, it vibrated at about 50 feet away to let me know I left my phone somewhere. Neat.

But, I don't know how robust the connection will be. If it's a pain to keep set up or isn't really reliable, it won't be worth the trouble. And the watch itself isn't the greatest. It lacks basic watch features: no back-light, and no date indicator I'm surprised and disappointed missing those. It's large on my thin wrists too but not heavy somebody needs to shrink those radios and stuff.

So, if you're in the UK, you can order these online. I don't think they're sold in North America. The company also offers a simpler wrist bracelet which has the vibrate alerts, and is way cheaper and more available. That might be a better deal until somebody comes out with a real iPhone watch. Come on Somebody....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AccordionNoir For This Useful Post:

edwilk55 (08-26-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a bluetooth bracelet that vibrates when I get a SMS or Call or when i am too far away from my phone...

It is called the BluAlert Bracelet from ThinkGeek...and its not that big for people with thin wrists...

ThinkGeek :: BluAlert Bluetooth Bracelet
    Macbook Pro 17" Unibody (Late 07) Leopard, Macbook Air 2nd Gen Leopard, Macbook 1st Gen CD Tiger, iPhone 3G 16GB 2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by castorjay View Post
    i hate to bring this thread back up, but i figured it was better to search than create a new post.

i see the last post was almost a year ago now, does anybody know if these type of devices are now compatible with the iphone or still no? it doesnt necessarily have to be the sony models, but any bluetooth watch.

thanks
    I'm doing the same thing again. Anyway, I've always wanted one of the Fossil/SE BT watches, but I can't spend that kind of dough on experimentation. Now, I have a Jabra BT8010 that has CID and it only work BEFORE you add a number to your contact list. I guess that means that it only supports numeric CID (cross-references with it's own internal phonebook for the display name) and yet the iPhone is trying to send the name you associated with that number. I can imagine that this might be a problem for a BT watch. Perhaps the BlueSn0w guys can do something about it now that A2DP/AVRCP are already implemented (gives them something to do!). I'm not sure that there was ever a standard BT protocol for displaying text messages, but media textual information is an optional part of the A2DP/AVRCP spec and SE phones may be using that and sending the message as if it were track/artist info. That said, I doubt the iPhone sends track data with A2DP/AVRCP because I haven't seen a single device that can use it (unless the Fossil/SE watches do).

My LM Tech bluetooth watch occasionally displays caller ID names. Other times it's just phone numbers, I haven't really figured it out, but I know it's shown names a few times. I know it sometimes shows numbers when people are in my iPhone address book, so I've no idea what it's doing really. That's my input.

I too wish somebody'd make a phone that worked really well with the iPhone, with iTunes control and such. That'd be very nice (and make somebody a ton of money too.)

Just to chime in real quick, I actually own a Sony Ericsson MBW-150 and MBW-100. The MBW-150 works stunningly well with my Sony Ericsson k800i; it receives track information, lets me change volume, shows me caller number OR name, if they're stored in my phonebook, and all as promised.

I have never tried to pair it with an iPhone, though I have access to several iPhones I could try on that I think I'll give a shot to. I also have access to a G1, as well.

The watch has really changed my approach to my phone. I haven't had a ringer active in years, and I know when my phone is ringing from the next room. It's really great and the MBW-150 Classic is gorgeous.

Will let you know if I get it working with an iPhone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to disillusioned For This Useful Post:

shorewire (08-19-2009)

Default It doesnt work with iphone
    I just bought the mbw-100 and tried to pair it with an iPhone, but it doesnt see the watch.

It does pair with my Palm Treo Pro with Windows Mobile 6.1

I would really like it to work with my iPhone somehow...

Thanks

Ahhhh man I really want to get one aswell! If anybody does find a bt watch or anyway to connect please post as I know there only a few of us but it's still important.

SIC! releases Bluetooth watch software | PhoneReport v2.0 - latest news, specs, reviews, interviews, and analysis
    There is one software for S60 mobiles if it can be ported to iPhone

I liked this watch very much MBW-150 , MBW-100 and The LG Bluetooth watch and want to buy one

this one is for windows mobile

Download btWatch 0.1.8 for Windows Mobile PocketPC / Windows Mobile Smartphone - Notification utility for Sony Ericsson Bluetooth watch MBW-100. - Softpedia

if one of them can be ported
    Last edited by ammarmalhotra; 08-22-2009 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by DeafMac View Post
    I have a bluetooth bracelet that vibrates when I get a SMS or Call or when i am too far away from my phone...

It is called the BluAlert Bracelet from ThinkGeek...and its not that big for people with thin wrists...

ThinkGeek :: BluAlert Bluetooth Bracelet
    I have that, but on my other phones, it never went off with SMS notification which is why I really bought it in the first place. Haven't even thought about pairing it w/my iPhone.

If it works, I'm gonna be very happy. I spend a lot of time in loud places so that will be fantastic. And very handy at work as well. I do a lot more texting than talking...

Quote Originally Posted by AccordionNoir View Post
    I looked all over for a cell-phone alert watch. I think a watch would be a nice way to notify me of calls with a vibration, because I dislike ringers.

For now, I finally tracked down (at stupid expense, from the Netherlands!) one of these LM Technologies, Bluetooth Sport watches.
    I just picked one of these up on Ebay for $52. I hope it does the basics and I'll be happy.

Thanks for the info...
    Last edited by edwilk55; 08-26-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by morph3u5 View Post
    Hi Guys

I have a bluetooth watch .. sony ericcson (MBW-100).. and I have an Iphone. Is it possible to make these two things work together with a 3rd party app? If any developper finds a way to make it, I'll be very appreciated. I think there is a workaround to do this..

Regards
    A
    I just got my Sony Ericsson Executive Edition MBW150EXEC and the box is beautiful. The watch itself is stunning and the OLED is pure magic. But my iPhone can't see the watch at all and therefore, it sucks. I don't know what sucks more, or the iPhone 3GS or the Sony Ericsson watch, don't know at all. I'm just very sad. I'll return it right away, today, right now.

As of 9/19/2009, if you have an iPhone, don't even think about buying the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    I just picked one of these up on Ebay for $52. I hope it does the basics and I'll be happy.

Thanks for the info...

Got the watch...it's pretty cool. Not to big, but bigger than I think most would like. It's gets in the way a little when I type, but I can get used to that.

Chinese made, so not sure how long it'll last. Same guts as every other Chinese Bluetooth offering out there.

I'm able to see incoming calls (numbers only so far), mute the phone and ignore the call from the watch, but the one thing that I really wanted that it doesn't have is the SMS alerts.

I guess that's due to the limited crap profiles that Apple allows us to have. Can't believe they don't open up Bluetooth, but then again, why should any locking down of the phone surprise me coming from Apple.

It's a good value over all if you get a lot of phone calls, but if you mostly txt, I'd stay away.

I'll probably sell this one if anyone is interested....lemme know.

Hi all I to have the iPhone 3g and the sonyericsson MBW-150 and would love to use these together,there is a guy over at smartmadsoft.com called moneytoo he has already made windows mobile and android work with the watch I think he is the key here. I am praying he can do something.
    Adge

Hey guys with new Iphone 4 OS is there access to the bluetooth stacks that allow the iphone to work with mbw100

Quote Originally Posted by NavSingh123 View Post
    Hey guys with new Iphone 4 OS is there access to the bluetooth stacks that allow the iphone to work with mbw100
    I hope so...freak'n stupid that we've had to wait this long. Apple f'n kills me sometimes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast