Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reminder App? i.e. birthday, anniversary

Default Reminder App? i.e. birthday, anniversary
    Hey all. i figured this would be the correct section to post this in, since i couldn't figure out where (if the iphone had it), the ability to remind you of important dates such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc... not only as in the day of (which the calender has) but as a reminder a week in advance and up till the date.

my former phone was a sidekick 3 and they had a program that reminded you of important dates. it also reminded you 7 days prior to the date, had an alarm for it, and it also had the option of adding in little details such as, fav color, shirt size, and other random info.
    i'm terrible of remembering birthdays and other important dates and since i had that program on the sk3, it made things so much easier for me lol.

anywho, so i was wondering if there is an app out there already for this?
    or
    does the iphone already have that function but i'm just really retarded in finding it.
    or
    if any of you dev peeps want to take a stab at making one for the iphone as i am clueless about programming and coding haha.

thx

Thanks

You can already do this through Outlook. Set the reminders to a week in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    You can already do this through Outlook. Set the reminders to a week in advance
    i don't use outlook

i dnt knw of any app thats out there that does that .the calendar/ reminder app on the iphone is kinda week compared to wat nokia has to offer. You can add birthdates to contacts in the addressbook ( jst go and edit add other and b-date) but theres actually no point in adding that as the phone wont give a reminder on the day or anything, i tried wth several fake dates... the only thing i was able to do for b-days was to put it in the calendar and set it to yearly and never end and remind me the whole day ... hvnt had a chance to test how it works so cant really say if it wrks.
    we do need a better calendar/reminder app for the iphone. My nokia 8800 reminds me of b-days on its own and even tells me how old that person is gona be and i can set reminders on it for any duration i want. Someone needs to make an app similar to that

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsalt View Post
    i dnt knw of any app thats out there that does that .the calendar/ reminder app on the iphone is kinda week compared to wat nokia has to offer. You can add birthdates to contacts in the addressbook ( jst go and edit add other and b-date) but theres actually no point in adding that as the phone wont give a reminder on the day or anything, i tried wth several fake dates... the only thing i was able to do for b-days was to put it in the calendar and set it to yearly and never end and remind me the whole day ... hvnt had a chance to test how it works so cant really say if it wrks.
    we do need a better calendar/reminder app for the iphone. My nokia 8800 reminds me of b-days on its own and even tells me how old that person is gona be and i can set reminders on it for any duration i want. Someone needs to make an app similar to that

ditto. My sidekick 3 did that as well, telling me how old ppl were turning and a lot more extras

New sidekick LX is coming out really soon ^_^

There's a program for the Palm Treo and Nokia E series where you would plug your bdates on your contacts and the program would parse them out behind the scenes and automatically add an entry on your calendar on a recurring basis.... In theory, this should be able to be ported to the iphone.

Default reminders
    There is a new app for birthday and gift occasion reminders: Gift Giver. It uses Apple notifications to remind you in time to get a gift. Then, it lets you buy a gift right in the phone and have it wrapped and delivered with a personal note.

https://www.giftgiverservice.com/

Hello people,

The best birthday reminder app on AppStore to me is: eAnniversary (only US$ 0.99).

eAnniversary will let you track: birthdays and anniversaries, with features to remember you and congratulate the other part.

Social networking is also present. Now you can share birthdays and anniversaries with your friends and family in Twitter and Facebook.

You may also update your Google calendar with eAnniversary data, and a lot more features! Check on:

eAnniversary for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Best regards,