Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disable dock autoplay/music app?

Default Disable dock autoplay/music app?
    I have a Audi that i can dock my iPhone to. But the car is 8 years, so there is no settings in the car for that connection.
    The problem is that the car, or the iPhone, always autoplay the music i have in the Music app. Even if i pause the music it starts playing again after a few seconds. So i guess that the car issues this command.

But i would like to play music from a streaming app, but it is not possible since the music app starts playing all the time.

Is there a tweak to disable this autoplay feature, or disable the whole music app?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,264 Times in 1,391 Posts

Curious...
    Is this connecting via Bluetooth or hardwired?

Could you setup an Activator action to auto-open a different app (like Pandora, Spotify, etc) when you're phone connects?

I also found an Activator action that allows an app to launch when another app is first launched. For example, if the car launched the Music.app, Activator will then launch Pandora, instead!
    Last edited by thazsar; 05-26-2014 at 10:53 PM.

It is hardwired. Open up another app wont help. It would play for a few seconds then the Music app overrides it. So the best thing would be to disable the Music app. But i dont want to delete it completely.

But i haven't tried to open up the taskmanager and kill the Music app, dont know if it starts again. If that works and could be automated it could be a solution. But maybe the "car" just issues another play command and the phone restarts the Music app.

Thanks

How about an Activator that Pauses the Music.app when you connect Power?

Pause wont help, that is what i have tried so far. A few seconds later it starts again.

Will try to kill it tomorrow.

Thanks

Default Disable dock autoplay/music app?
    See if this might work!?!? *You need to open the link from your iDevice*

Activator Quit App
    Last edited by thazsar; 05-27-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks

Also, what music app are you using, instead?

Thanks

Ok, so I'm working on a tweak for you! I've been able to disable the 'Play' function in the Music.app but I'd like a Toggle in the Settings.app to turn it on/off.

Does that sound useful?

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Ok, so I'm working on a tweak for you! I've been able to disable the 'Play' function in the Music.app but I'd like a Toggle in the Settings.app to turn it on/off.

Does that sound useful?
    That sounds really cool. Would be very excited if it worked =)

I haven't tried the link that you posted. But i've tried a little more how the Music app behaves. And now i'm starting to wonder if it is possible to solve this at all.

As i said before, if i connect the iPhone to the dock connector in the car the Music app starts playing. Pressing pause on the phone only pauses the music for 2-3 seconds.

Now i also tried to kill the Music app to see what happens. Now the strange thing is that after a few more seconds, maybe 5-10 now, the music starts again. But this time the Music app does not appear to be started on the phone. At least it don't show up in the task manager. But swiping left in the task manager, to reveal the Music controls, i can still pause the music.

Also i'm using iOS 6.1, missed the iOS7 train. But still hoping for a jailbreak for 7.1.1 now that SpringPaper is available.

For now i'm using a streaming app from a Norwegian radio station that i would like to use instead of playing music in the car.

Thanks

Oh, okay...
    I was making this for iOS 7. I doubt anything has changed in regards to the function that I'm disabling, though.

That being said, do you have any other devices you could try this on before installing it on your phone?

What I've tested is the ability to even play music from the Music.app. Regardless if I press the play button or tap on a song (which automatically starts the song), the music WILL NOT start.

Actually, I just remembered!!! My wife is still on iOS 6! I can test it on her phone!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 05-28-2014 at 11:56 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

raptorjr (05-28-2014)

Oh, okay...
    I was making this for iOS 7. I doubt anything has changed in regards to the function that I'm disabling, though.

That being said, do you have any other devices you could try this on before installing it on your phone?

What I've tested is the ability to even play music from the Music.app. Regardless if I press the play button or tap on a song (which automatically starts the song), the music WILL NOT start.

Actually, I just remembered!!! My wife is still on iOS 6! I can test it on her phone!!!
    I really appreciate what you are doing. I cant help to get this happy feeling inside when someone really tries to help =)

Thanks

So, here's the deal. I can't get the switch to work, yet...

I can keep trying to figure it out or I can send you the tweak w/out a working toggle.

I tried it on my wife's iphone (6.1.4) and it worx to stop the Music.app! Downside is you'd have to keep installing/uninstalling of you ever want to use the Musuc.app.

What would you like?

Sure, i dont use the Music app that much, but dont want to take away the possibility completely. It is worth a try, and maybe you figure out a way to get the switch to work. You have already done more than i could ask for.

I just hope Audi wont outsmart your solution =)
    Last edited by raptorjr; 05-28-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks

This toggle is driving me CRAZY!!! LOL!

Anyways, here's the basic version. Uninstall to regain function.

Let me know how it goes...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i25ywqv3f3...honeos-arm.deb

16. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

raptorjr (05-29-2014)

Thanks

Any chance you use iCleaner?

This toggle is driving me CRAZY!!! LOL!

Anyways, here's the basic version. Uninstall to regain function.

Let me know how it goes...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i25ywqv3f3...honeos-arm.deb
    This works great!!!! Thank you very much!!!

Any chance you use iCleaner?
    No, never used it.

Thanks

Did you see the new tweak, DefaultPlayer?

I wonder if you'd benefit from it!!!

I'm only on iOS6.1 so i couldn't try it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    I'm only on iOS6.1 so i couldn't try it.
    Ahhh, that sux!!! Oh well, at least my tweak still worx.

I haven't heard back from any Devs yet. I keep trying to get the Toggle to work but fail everytime! Wish I could get it completed so I could submit it for you and be done.... Sorry, bud.

What you have done so far is much more than i had before =) It works good enough for me even without the toggle. I can noe use my phone to listen to streaming in the car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast