Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Utility Hack - Kill the THIS ACCESSORY warning to Aiplane mode

Default Utility Hack - Kill the THIS ACCESSORY warning to Aiplane mode
    Sorry folks, I can't code worth a bleep anymore, but I desperately want to turn off the stupid warning that an accessory is not designed for iPhone.

None of my accessories are designed for iPhone - so? It wouldn't be so bad if the phone remembered on products you had already attached to, but hanging every time is annoying. I hook it up in the car (warning) a logitech speaker dock, another car, etc.

Is this feasible? Or is it to deep in the OS to kill? And of course, is there someone willing to actually write something to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Zig.

Thanks

just go edit your strings list....

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    just go edit your strings list....
    Would someone please elaborate on this a little...I'd love to kill that warning.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    Would someone please elaborate on this a little...I'd love to kill that warning.
    What he said wouldn't do you much good. You could just change what it says, but that wouldn't get rid of the prompt. I'm sure someone would be able to code something, you just need to find someone.

On a side note, how do your docks and stuff work? I tried once without turning it to airplane mode, it was fine for 2 songs until I got a call, and a horrible screeching noise came on the speakers full blast.

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post
    What he said wouldn't do you much good. You could just change what it says, but that wouldn't get rid of the prompt.
    That's what I figured...thanks for confirming BS.

Seems like REALLY achieving this would be a pretty formidable coding task.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 10-21-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    That's what I figured...thanks for confirming BS.

Seems like REALLY achieving this would be a pretty formidable coding task.
    Lol? You asked if someone would elaborate on changing strings. Or that's what came across to me. It sure looked like it, the way you stated it after that quote. And I did confirm that it isn't possible by editing the strings list, which you never confirmed or disconfirmed.

I'm sure it would be easy, I'm just no an iPhone programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post
    Lol? You asked if someone would elaborate on changing strings. Or that's what came across to me. It sure looked like it, the way you stated it after that quote. And I did confirm that it isn't possible by editing the strings list, which you never confirmed or disconfirmed.

I'm sure it would be easy, I'm just no an iPhone programmer.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...I think you're misunderstanding me. This sounds like a solution that is much more complicated than originally "explained" by STLCaddie's post. My comment about it being difficult to achieve the OP's request was 100% genuine. It may be easy, but not from my non-programmer's perspective.

I'm with you on this, not against you. Take a DEEP breath.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 10-22-2007 at 12:12 AM.