+ Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: see properties of .mp3 file? (specifically bit-rate)

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Is there a Cydia tweak/app that will allow me to see the properties of a .mp3 file? I specifically want to see the bit-rate of a song. I tried iFile
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default see properties of .mp3 file? (specifically bit-rate)
    Is there a Cydia tweak/app that will allow me to see the properties of a .mp3 file? I specifically want to see the bit-rate of a song. I tried iFile but it doesn't show anything. (just the file size)

    Thanks

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    903
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, with the free App Store app Voddio, you can import a song from your music library and when you hit play, it lists its bit rate, size etc

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, with the free App Store app Voddio, you can import a song from your music library and when you hit play, it lists its bit rate, size etc
    I probably should have mention this earlier but I want to be able to look at file thats in the var/mobile/media/downloads section.

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    903
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, you should be able to click on your file in the Downloads folder with iFile and then open in Voddio.

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, you should be able to click on your file in the Downloads folder with iFile and then open in Voddio.
    The info it shows is incorrect, it says that the file is 40mb while ifile says its 9mb... also it doesn't show me the bit rate (Kbps)


  6. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    903
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, I thought the 44100 was the bit rate, but its the sample rate.
    It shows 40.5Mb because Voddio converts your compressed mp3 file into wav format for better editing. So sorry, it doesn't show the original mp3 data.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 04-08-2013 at 04:32 PM.

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, I thought the 44100 was the bit rate, but its the sample rate.
    It shows 40.5Mb because Voddio converts your compressed mp3 file into wav format for better editing. So sorry, it doesn't show the original mp3 data.
    That's okay thanks for trying!

  8. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    903
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, App Store app EZMP3 Player displays your songs bitrate in the list view. This seems to work on my iOS5.1.1 iPhone, but not on my iOS6.1 iPad.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 04-09-2013 at 03:29 PM.

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, App Store app EZMP3 Player displays your songs bitrate in the list view. This seems to work on my iOS5.1.1 iPhone, but not on my iOS6.1 iPad.
    Just downloaded it, however I can't figure out how to get it to open a file in my var/mobile/media/downloads section. It only lets me import from my music library. Anyways, I imported a song from my music library but I the kbps come up as 0? I tried another song and the same thing happened, here's a pic. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? could you take a screenshot and show me?

    Last edited by RXG9; 04-09-2013 at 08:04 PM.

  10. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    903
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    As you can see this is the free version. I am running an iPhone 4 on iOS5.1.1
    If you use Cydia tweak AppLinks, that will create a shortcut to your EZMP3 folder, just paste your mp3 to its Documents sub folder.

    image.jpg

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    As you can see this is the free version. I am running an iPhone 4 on iOS5.1.1
    If you use Cydia tweak AppLinks, that will create a shortcut to your EZMP3 folder, just paste your mp3 to its Documents sub folder.

    Attachment 631623
    Just moved a few mp3s from downloads to the documents folder in EZMP3, but sadly the songs still shows 0kbps.

  12. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    903
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, probably worth emailing the author as it says it works with the iPhone 5 and so should work on iOS6

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts