+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [$50 Bounty] To prevent jailbreak detection in the AirWatch app.

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi All I'll give $50 to any developer who can develop a patch specifically to prevent AirWatch from detecting its jailbroken. xCon - does not currently work, xCon is a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default [$50 Bounty] To prevent jailbreak detection in the AirWatch app.
    Hi All
    I'll give $50 to any developer who can develop a patch specifically to prevent AirWatch from detecting its jailbroken.
    xCon - does not currently work, xCon is a global patch one size fits all approach
    Flex - I have tried using Flex, I have changed the relevant BOOLs, tried them set to both TRUE & FALSE. I have also disabled all methods/voids that seem related to jailbreaking detection/ device compromise status
    cycript & weak_classdump - The AirWatch application terminates with a BAD_EXEC while dumping the headers, only dumps a few, none of any value.
    While looking through the HEX of the un-encrypted binary I can see the string "_dyld_image_count". I'm not sure if all apps do this but it is mentioned on the wiki page: Bypassing Jailbreak Detection - The iPhone Wiki[1]
    I also attempted to Dissemble the binary and could see a few fopen calls,however I really have no idea what I'm doing in assembly.
    The application has to connect to a MDM server provided by AirWatch, I cannot give out this URL or register you to my works corporate network.
    If you want to help me out then i will be able to skype or IRC with you. provide you any output, dumps syslog.screen sharing, follow your instructions etc
    Hope you can help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

dont they just use the [[UIApplication sharedApplication] canOpenURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"cydia://"]]

and if it can it means Cydia is installed and therefor jailbroken so just open the cydia info.plist and edit the CFBundleURLTypes changing CFBundleURLSchemes from cydia to cydia1 should make
    [[UIApplication sharedApplication] canOpenURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"cydia://"]]
    return NO and should allow app to run.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryantcb View Post
    dont they just use the [[UIApplication sharedApplication] canOpenURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"cydia://"]]

and if it can it means Cydia is installed and therefor jailbroken so just open the cydia info.plist and edit the CFBundleURLTypes changing CFBundleURLSchemes from cydia to cydia1 should make
    [[UIApplication sharedApplication] canOpenURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"cydia://"]]
    return NO and should allow app to run.
    this did not fix it for me.

AirWatch 4.4.0
    xCon 38
    iOS 6.1.2

Thanks

Any luck in getting anywhere with this. My corporation is just now starting to implement the same thing? No way I want to lose jailbreak for email on my phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Think you are better off buying an itouch and just tethering to the company phone upon demand.