Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Location Alerts – Iphone Appis a discussion within the
3rd Party Apps Requestsforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
Hello, After the success of our app Future Scheduler, now we have recently released Location Alerts App for iPhone which schedule future text and calls based on the location. Location...
11-06-2012, 12:48 AM #1Location Alerts – Iphone App
After the success of our app Future Scheduler, now we have recently released Location Alerts App for iPhone which schedule future text and calls based on the location.
Location alert helps you in:
- Send text messages as you reach to a specific location*
- Connect a voice call when you are in a specific area
- Create voice and text based reminders to be triggered when you are in a particular area.
Why? Well, imagine this. You are leaving the office for a party and were supposed to call wife so that she can get ready before you pick her up. You forget. Now you can imagine the situation. Can’t you? How good it will be to send a message or connect a call automatically when you leave the office so that she can get ready by the time you get home. There are endless examples and use cases like this
- Send text messages when you are nearby a certain location.
- Connect calls based on location.
- Voice and text notes/reminders
- Use your own voice for reminders and alerts.
- Flexible set up for recurring events. Choose start and end date and choose the days you want the event to be triggered.
- Temporarily deactivate the events.
- Choose location and radius on map interface.
- Show contacts (with photos) in nearby areas for easy selection.
- Snooze function.
- Auto send messages (credits required).
- Templates for quick messaging.
* On iPhone, we don’t have an option to auto send without confirmation, but Big Apple is to blame for that. Unfortunately they do not allow third party apps to automatically send a message or call unless user confirms it. That is part of their security set up and we have to follow that. On our Android app, that’s not the case though. That is why you need to buy credits in case you want to send messages automatically. We use a SMS Gateway for this purpose and hence you need to buy credits.
iPhone link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/loca...ign-mpt=uo%3D2
Last edited by jonathanwills; 11-06-2012 at 12:57 AM.
11-06-2012, 07:26 AM #2
Very nice! I could use this for my job!
I travel to multiple hospitals and have to check-in at each one. When I leave, I usually check-out via an automated Text Message service but sometimes I forget!!! This will assist in reminding me (via Text) to make sure I check-out, especially since I'll already be in the SMS.app, to do so!
11-06-2012, 09:19 AM #3
Okay, just re-read your App Store description. Do I need credits to 'send' the text or will this at least 'alert' me so I don't have to buy credits? Thanx!
11-06-2012, 09:41 PM #4
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM #5
11-08-2012, 08:15 AM #6
How small of a radius can I adjust my alert to be when I leave a location? 500ft or less?