Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make Gmail default mail app (like Sparrow+)

Lightbulb Make Gmail default mail app (like Sparrow+)
    I would love for someone to make a tweak that can make the Gmail app be the default mail app like Sparrow+ does. Essentially, this means opening Gmail instead of the normal iOS mail app on all buttons that send emails.

I can't imagine it would be too different from coding the Sparrow+ tweak or the BrowserChanger tweak which lets you choose your default browser instead of Safari.

Thanks so much!

There's not really anything that can do this bud, sorry.

The only thing I can think of is MailEnhancer from Cydia, but I'm not 100% sure it can change your default email app.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

No, MailEnhancer doesn't do it, it's just for improving the default Mail app.

Is there a way I can look at the source code for cydia tweaks? If I can see the source for Sparrow+ and BrowserChooser, I'll take a shot at writing something myself. I'm probably imagining it to be much simpler to adapt those tweaks than it actually is though...

Unless it's open source, no. I'd suggest you contact the developers of them though, your idea is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Unless it's open source, no. I'd suggest you contact the developers of them though, your idea is very good.
    2 of 3 developers got back to me (asked browserchooser, browser changer, and sparrow+) saying it's not possible because mailto links are a certain kind of ui view that arent simply links that gmail is compatible with. i think sparrow was built with that in mind which is why sparrow+ is possible.

oh well

So you'd basically have to recode the Gmail app. That just sucks -_-

Well like I said before, it's a very good idea even though it's not possible.

Is this feature still not possible? Pretty important.

The tweak "Default Gmail" (xsellize repo) worked for me in iOS 6 but only when clicking on email addresses. Other wise using share opens mail app
    Better than nothing