Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: And app (cydia) to control inline controls on headphones?

astroboy907
    Default And app (cydia) to control inline controls on headphones?
    I see quite a few headphones out there like apples iphone headphones with remote and mic (with the volume control and play/pause functions), but I also see quite a few pairs of headphones with just a play/pause button (no volume control buttons).

I was wondering if it was possible at all to make a cydia tweak so that you could use headphones with only one button as a volume control headset (eg. Short hold on button = volume up, long hold = volume down, press = pause/play (stock), 2 presses = skip (stock), 3 presses = rewind).

Activator already allows remapping this buttons function, to some extent, but not as volume controls.

So, anyone out there have an app that can do this? I would be willing to pay...

What iOS are you on? MyVolume could do the trick, but it's not compatible with iOS 5.0+

You could also request that the Activator developers add some of these features.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

astroboy907
    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    What iOS are you on? MyVolume could do the trick, but it's not compatible with iOS 5.0+

You could also request that the Activator developers add some of these features.
    iOS 5.0, but I suppose I could downgrade (iOS 5 has not really given anything meaningful to me).
    I will actually be gone for a bit after today, so sorry if I dont reply, I will also look how to contact activator dev team.

Yah. They take requests, so I can say that you won't be ignored. Good luck.

Try to re-install Cydia app or re-jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by seanpercival01 View Post
    Try to re-install Cydia app or re-jailbreak.
    How is this supposed to help at all? Read the posts above.