+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps on springboard to be intigrated with background image.

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I've been really getting into customizing the springboard. I like what I've done with it so far, but a couple things came to mind that I think a lot of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Apps on springboard to be intigrated with background image.
    I've been really getting into customizing the springboard. I like what I've done with it so far, but a couple things came to mind that I think a lot of people would enjoy.

The first is, the ability to mess with size, transparency, etc (like springtomize) of individual apps. I'm not sure if it works by actually messing with the individual app icons, or by messing with their placeholders (like how locations do in inconclasm). If it were the placeholders, that would be better because you could move around an rearrange your apps and have the same effect going. Added to this, which is a lot to do I'm sure, is skew and perspective of the icons.

The other idea (which might be a little easier to impliment), is to make an app that recognizes alpha layers in a background image. That way you can overlay whatever is in the foreground, and have the apps move behind it. This seems like an easy enough thing to do (though I'm no programmer), and would open up a ton of possibilities for customization. It means you can do anything from making it so that you're girlfriend's face never gets obscured by apps, to adding a fog overlay to your home screen. It'll even make it so that you can hide apps but still make them accessible by putting them behind whatever is on the foreground (because the tap to open wouldn't be disabled even where they are completely overlayed).

Feedback? Think you can do it? Any input appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Sounds like a really good idea, I'd pay for that theme. I don't have a clue how to do it though, hope you figure it out. I know a Tweak that makes a layer over the regular background but it doesn't go over the apps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, that's my problem. I have no clue how to actually program. I just have been around mods enough to know what is probably possible. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would pay for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Yea wish there was a way to thumbs a post so more people would see it
    If i helped you in any way and/or caused you to brick your phone, click the botton in my post