Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Designing your own APP's question about selling or what is legal?

Default Designing your own APP's question about selling or what is legal?
    I have an idea for an APP that can be used worldwide by a certain industry. The app so far does not exist. I'm not a computer guru by any means but have dabbled with building websites and html code as a hobby.

I almost completed registration as a developer on the apple site but some language stopped me dead in my tracks. If I were to design this APP and get it working as I intend I want to sell it to companies in my targeted industry. I'm not a lawyer but the language in the terms of use on the apple site when registering and using the app building tools as a developer seem to suggest you cannot later sell the APP for profit or use the sourcecode for profit. I'm also not sure if there is language in the terms of use that would give Apple ownership rights in my idea with or without compensation.

With that said what do you other developers use to build APPS for profit legally? Is there a software for this or are you using all of your own code or design?

Also has anyone tried to trademark or register an idea for an APP to protect it and if so what is the process and how much did it cost?

Damn. No interest huh? Shame
    Hello! I own an iPhone Application Development company called MacSquared. We design and develop custom iPhone Applications. We would love to take on this project. Please send me an email at mac@macsquared or visit out website at macsquared.com. We have lots of experience and would love begin to talk over details about cost, time, terms, etc. I would be happy to help you through the process of signin up and I would happily get you on contact with my lawyer if need be to help you with your questions!

Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing from you!