+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Send photos from the lock screen camera app?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
So my wife and I had our first child last month on the 25th and of course we were taking and sending tons of pictures. The problem was though, when
    iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Send photos from the lock screen camera app?
    So my wife and I had our first child last month on the 25th and of course we were taking and sending tons of pictures. The problem was though, when we saw a great moment to catch a picture we would double hit the home button to bring up the quick camera app on the lock screen and snap a shot....we had to then close the app and open up the pictures, choose the picture, and then send it. Way to many steps to send a picture to a family member or friend.

So is there a way to get the camera roll to come up with full options (and maybe all the pictures) from the lock screen's camera shortcut? I realize the the "security" risks that could come from this, but I honestly think the option should be there so those of us who don't care about it can enjoy it

What do you all think?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I want this too.

Actually "full lock camera" in cydia will do this. I didn't think it worked for sharing because it doesn't have the little action hook deal at the bottom of the pic. But if you open camera roll from lockscreen cam after installing this there is the option to share via multiple methods. Perfect. They could make it better by having the action hook in each individual pic but it's better than no option at all. Hope that helps you out. I'm enjoying being able to send without unlocking on the fly!!
    Last edited by ianblondeau; 05-30-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks

I've seen that on Cydia, but it doesn't work for me. When I had it on 5.0 it would go to try and send, but crash. Now on 5.1.1, it doesn't even give me the option to send anything.

Thanks

Well the easiest way is to disable the password 😄

Thanks

I don't have a password for the lock screen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't have password either. If you opened the cam from lockscreen it's limited password or not. If you want to send you have to close app then reopen from springboard which is retarded. The cydia tweak gives the option but it's just crashing for me once I pick the recipient and send. Bummer. It's really annoying to not be able to snap a quick pic and send it.