Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [REQ] Tweek that forces all contact images to display as thumbnail during calls

Default [REQ] Tweek that forces all contact images to display as thumbnail during calls
    I know there's some ridiculous way to make the images of my contacts show up as thumbnails during calls, by importing them through "AddressBook" or some other application, but that just seems like such a hassle for something that should be simple.

I am requesting a tweek that will prevent the contact image from being displayed full-screen during calls, and only display as a thumbnail as shown here Apple - iPhone 4 - The best phone calls you

Many thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is how mine show every time, I would like mine to go fullscreen...

How I add the contact picture:

-Go to facebook. Download a picture to camera roll.
    -Open Contacts app. Select the contact and click "Add Photo".

Viola! You will now have a giant face on your callscreen which you can't set as a thumbnail

Ah, I see, I will try it.
    do I have to keep the pic on My camera roll?

My contacts/Pics are on Google and sync through setting up an exchange account with Google.
    IDK if that helps you?

Quote Originally Posted by comatose1978 View Post
    Ah, I see, I will try it.
    do I have to keep the pic on My camera roll?

My contacts/Pics are on Google and sync through setting up an exchange account with Google.
    IDK if that helps you?
    I suppose that helps, but I still would be very, very happy if someone developed a tweak that made it so that I do not have to use an external service just to allow my contact images to be displayed as thumbnails.

I do not want to use an external service to sync my contacts in order to make my call screen look the way Apple advertises it

BUMP~ Im still sitting here scratching my head wondering why my contact images are forced to display fullscreen during calls, when they clearly show them as thumbnails on apple's website

Gonna have to bump this one again

Bumping this request once more

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

On my phone, the contact images that are "small" (I can't remember how large exactly, but let's say 500x500 pixels or less) show as thumbnails, while the full-sized contact images show full-screen. Try playing around with the size of the images you choose as contact images.

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    On my phone, the contact images that are "small" (I can't remember how large exactly, but let's say 500x500 pixels or less) show as thumbnails, while the full-sized contact images show full-screen. Try playing around with the size of the images you choose as contact images.
    I just synced a photo to my iphone that's 72dpi, 50x50 and it still blows it up to fullscreen when I place a call

So... bump!