Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: simple snow app

iPhone? More like MyPhone NVMY4N's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone know the file/app to add it to 1.0.2?

Transformers Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

"300" Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

If you are helped, use the button. It's a much better stat than a post count.

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    It's not standard on the new firmware, it is standard on the new Jailbreak. If you install the new Summerboard (1.1.1) it includes this feature, OR, when you jailbreak you can apply the springboard patch to execute this.

Reako
    According to this article, the springboard patch unlocks the new feature which is standard on the new firmware.

Thanks

ok, sorry guys i have been very busy the last couple of days. i have been talking with the ants app creator and we are working out some details for the app still. i will keep you guys posted as i find out more.

Quote Originally Posted by NVMY4N View Post
    Its a great start - keep up the good work

BTW
    does it not slow the phone down? with 100 and max spawn?

Oh how can I get my springboard to scroll horizontally like yours???, mine is a vertical scroll.

Sorry to be Off Topic
    this does slow down the phone a lot, you can see in the video how choppy everything is. we are working on ways to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by smackjack View Post
    cool! it would be cool if when the snow piled up on the dock it evetually covers the bottom icon layer and you need to shake the iphone a little bit to shake it of the dock =)

and how can i get my springboard to scroll horozontally?
    this is a cool idea, the ants creator already has some implimentation of the accelerometer in the ants application so this should be easy to include in the snow app as long as it doesnt affect cpu usage too much.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjdaul For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (10-16-2007), smackjack (10-18-2007)

sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by mjdaul View Post
    ok, sorry guys i have been very busy the last couple of days. i have been talking with the ants app creator and we are working out some details for the app still. i will keep you guys posted as i find out more.

this does slow down the phone a lot, you can see in the video how choppy everything is. we are working on ways to fix this.

this is a cool idea, the ants creator already has some implimentation of the accelerometer in the ants application so this should be easy to include in the snow app as long as it doesnt affect cpu usage too much.
    SWEET! You, Sir, get a "Thanks!" from me!

Yeah, the gathering on the icons would be so great it's not even funny By then I assume we can work on the snow icons a bit as well and minimize them so they're much smaller (maybe just small white blobs so it looks more like snow rather than a stereotypical snowflake). How exciting

itd be pretty hard to have snow colect on icons. and only way to achieve it would probably be by faking it in the spots icons should go..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    itd be pretty hard to have snow colect on icons. and only way to achieve it would probably be by faking it in the spots icons should go..
    i do agree that it would be quite hard the make snow collect on the icons but ive thought of a way i think may work, but im thinking it would require a lot of code.

i dont know how well the phones processor would be able to handle this feature, but i will do my best to do some tests on some different ideas. i will for sure be trying snow gathering at only the bottom of the screen and we'll see how smoothly that runs on the phone.

ill keep everyone updated

lets get this app rollin and maybe we could get some leaves for fall
    also instead of snow falling on the apps why not just add it to the wallpaper so it rests just above the icons
    or see how he did it where the ants run away when you squish one then instead of making them run away make them stick to preset locations above the apps
    Last edited by ipawd; 10-17-2007 at 11:44 AM.

maybe i just dont get it lol? Why?

to gather the snow on top of the icons you can maybe tell the snow.app where the icons usually are and tell the app that when the snow lands on that area it stops. OR its maybe simpler to just make "snow-on-the-icons" animation on top of every icon (in a layer above the icons ofcoure, not on the acutual icon img) that slowly fills up with snow. the same thing with the snow on the dock, just an animated pic, not the acutual snow that falls down and stops. If you know what i mean. Then when you shake the phone the "fill up with snow animation" starts over again. I dont know, im not a programmer but thats the way i think it would work and take less CPU.

Just remember! the snow should not be anoying!! dont make big fat snowflakes, keep em smal. Use diferent size on the snowflakes and diferent speed (the little ones is slower = far away (maybe BEHIND the icons?)) that makes it more 3D style .. and the biggest should be a litte transparent, like in movies (out of focus).

Most important. The snow should not anoy you. Dont make it "to much".

diferent opacity:
    Last edited by smackjack; 10-18-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added the image

Green Apple
    Thanks

How bout Matrix falling letter...

Unlock & PWNED!8gig iPhone 2.1
    Carrier|AT&T-AIS|TRUE
    MacBook|2.4GHZ|4gig RAM|120gig HDD

will someone just start the app already i want it LOL
    MyPhone is better than yours

I believe there is app up on installer under toys.

Starts with an "S" I believe.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

I dont use installer.app i transfer manually

ugh.. I wouldnt be able to live with out installer..
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

I was against Installer for a long time.
    But I finally gave in.
    It's suprioer =D

It's called Crossy and it's pretty cool.
    But it is a program, not an overlay.

just got installer shoulda got it earlier

hey thats crosses not the snow app i wuz lookin for
    Last edited by ShadyBeagle; 10-22-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Any updates on this?

I had an individual suggest something similar for a fall theme I designed.

Would be quite cool if it can run smooth and not be a huge hog.

Wow great idea. I was thinking the same thing but you guys beat me to it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast