Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siri - any ideas how to improve?

Question Siri - any ideas how to improve?
    I was just thinking about some other functions which can be applied to that system. Do you miss anything in Siri? What else, in your opinion, would be great to do using Siri? Would you add any new functions to this app?

Siri is great if we consider it as a device voice controller, but it's quite inaccurate when (e.g.) users try to find restaurants, because siri doesn't have opening hours.

I'm currently working on small siri-like app which could cover just one function (as e.g. voice controlled facebook) but perfectly tailored.

What functions would you add to Siri? Do you miss anything?

All opinions are extremely helpful for me. They can also change the world we live in, so let's give yourself a chance

I know technically Siri doesn't know things like opening hours, but that could be easily implemented from my point of view (I'm no developer though) because I recently googled the stores hours for a local mall & it gave me a list of websites that would give me the hours. However at the top of the search results it gave me the hours for the current day.

Anyways some cools things I would like to see is when Siri doesn't know something it will ask you to search the web. Well, it would be cool (if possible) for Siri to search the web automatically and then tell you the answer after it finds it. I feel it's a waste of time of I go thru the task of activating Siri, asking question or task, then waiting for it to just ask me if I want to search web..... no Siri that's why I have you damn it,

Also maybe have the ability to ask Siri to sync/back up for you.

Also when I use Siri for a text message I would like it to read my message back to me, because it defeats the purpose if when I'm driving I have to proofread the damn message. It's more dangerous than typing it myself.

im curious if with what seems to be a very close jailbreak if there are any plans on adding plugins or improvements to siri through cydia.. adding support for other messagin services? whatsapp? facebook?... removing the country search restricitions maybe? im in spain and it wont search for restaurants, cinemas and all that.. but considering it has a gps, a map and web access it should be able to withought any problems

anyone plan on doing anything like this?

I don't like when I say like "Siri where am I?" and Siri says Sorry, but I can't look for places in Finland. I don't think it'd be impossible to bypass that.
    Last edited by PP1999; 09-21-2013 at 02:30 AM.
    I hate when someone says NO!

Quote Originally Posted by -Blue- View Post
    removing the country search restricitions maybe? im in spain and it wont search for restaurants, cinemas and all that.. but considering it has a gps, a map and web access it should be able to withought any problems
    Exactly. I live in Finland.
    I hate when someone says NO!

guys sorry to write on the wrong forum but i recently downloaded cyder 2 to download cyida app on my pc but its not downloading nor working. any ideas or any other program to be suggested. thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think accents would be cool. Like I guess snoop dogg does voice on some navigation devices.
    I Love My 4s white
    p.s. Dont Forget To Thank Those Helpful People Out There!!