+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone4 facetime on OS 432 - possible?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi, anybody's iPhone4 facetime not working? I am using iphone4 on OS 4.3.2 & my facetime is not working. I switch facetime on & it shows "waiting for activation" &
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone4 facetime on OS 432 - possible?
    Hi, anybody's iPhone4 facetime not working? I am using iphone4 on OS 4.3.2 & my facetime is not working. I switch facetime on & it shows "waiting for activation" & subsequently went back to off. Hope I posted in the correct thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by WIZARDTAN; 12-12-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks

In the iPhone 4 FaceTime is built into the phone app... If you want to FaceTime with someone then open their contact up in Phone and hit FaceTime

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi thanks for your reply. My iPhone4 has no FaceTime icon. Also when open the contact, there is no FaceTime option. Maybe it's included in OS5 but I prefer to stay on OS4.

Thanks

if it is an iPhone 4 it came with FaceTime so any firmware you have on it will have FaceTime, you might check if its activated by going to Settings -- Phone and looking in there i think, if your on an official carrier should be active, if its unlockd and not on such you might need to look up PushFix's fix

5. The Following User Says Thank You to truehybridx For This Useful Post:

WIZARDTAN (12-12-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope not all iPhone 4 has FaceTime. My sister has an iPhone 4 on 4.3 firmware and no FaceTime was installed. I don't know why but it just don't.

Thanks

How do you know there was no FaceTime installed? theres not going to be an icon on SpringBoard like with the iPod Touch and iPad 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres FaceTime working for T-Mobile on wifi only http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFz_H...eature=related

Heres how some people managed to activate it after jailbreaking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATWIGsKJrIY
    Last edited by truehybridx; 12-11-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added videos

8. The Following User Says Thank You to truehybridx For This Useful Post:

WIZARDTAN (12-12-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi truehybridx, thanks for your reply again, something strange, my ipad2 has facetime icon & it is working well. I understand that iphone4 has no facetime icon. When calling out, the option showed the hold option instead of the facetime option because I am unable to activate the facetime under settings/phone/facetime. I have tried your 2 links above but it still didnt work, thanks anyway.