+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incoming local call recorder for iPhone.

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Before you get all snippy with me about not searching before I post... Code: Fatal error: vB_Legacy_CurrentUser does not have a field 'userid' on line 40 in [path]/ vb /legacy/dataobject.php
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Incoming local call recorder for iPhone.
    Before you get all snippy with me about not searching before I post...

Code:
    Fatal error: vB_Legacy_CurrentUser does not have a field 'userid' on line 40 in [path]/vb/legacy/dataobject.php in [path]/vb/vb.php on line 287
    Moving on.

True or false: It is utterly impossible to locally record an incoming call on the iphone.

If false, I would like an app that can do it. If true I would like to know why.

P.S. This is perfectly legal for me as I live in a one party state. (Meaning only one party need be aware of the recording for it to be legitimate.)

P.P.S. The number one most useful purpose for this app would be recording threatening or obscene phone calls for future legal action. Obviously these calls cannot be anticipated, and you are not going to have the option of just calling them back. This function is not a convenience in my opinion, it is a safety feature. This is a deal breaker on future iPhone purchases for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It is impossible for an AppStore app to record calls made via your carrier.
    Apple doesn't provide any official API for that and without a "legal" API apps distributed via AppStore can't do it.

Voip apps distributed via AppStore can provide a recording function and some of them to (Bria for instance).
    Voip apps have full control of the voice stream and therefore can do whatever they want with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buzios View Post
    It is impossible for an AppStore app ...
    Is it possible to write one for jailbroken phones? Has one been written? All I can find are services that route to external sites. This obviously has confidentiality concerns.

(Thank you for your response btw)