Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: youtube

Default youtube
    I cant get youtube to work on my Tmobile iphone, can anyone advise me why its not working?

edge is not working either. My phone is completley customized, including colors, apps and everything, except for these 2 minor things that EDGE AND YOUTUBE DO NOT CONNECT OR WORK, WHY ?????
    firmware 1.0.2
    itunes 7.4.3.1.

u need to replace 3 files in the phones systems files.
    i used this thing called PACAY, its this little dos program, you just connect ur phone to your computer and follow the steps, takes about 1-2 min to do. unfortunetly im not at home right now so i cant send you the file. if u still havent found anything by tonight, PM me i will send it to you.
    thats for youtube, i dont know about edge

got edge working, installed chris hoffmans edge,bluetooth,wife icon on the springboard, but cant find that pacay thing, i do think someone told me about it one time,

do you think you can email it to me or something? i'm just wondering, will that file work on tmobile server or does that have nothing to do with it, plus what about other sites like msnbc videos or stuff like that, will it play all those?

someone told me something about firefox too, not sure about it, can you email me or post the file up here on this chat so others with the same problem can do it too?

I too cannot connect to YouTube, appreciate if the "fix" is posted here.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

there r 2 files out there to fix youtube one is pacay and the other one youtube, but after u download it make sure u unzip the file and run it
     Think Different

you got a link for us who are lost bro? windows version if possible. lots of us on this forum are lost with the iphone, but more with this application than any other

i can help...

for edge:

1. copy and paste the following code in notepad and name it PROXY.PAC

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
    {
    if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0"))
    return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
    else
    return "DIRECT";
    }

2. using ibrickr, upload ur PROXY.PAC to

private/var/root

3. download this preference list
    http://rapidshare.com/files/55487664...ces.plist.html

4. using ibrickr, upload this preference list to :

private/var/root/library/preferences/system configuration.

5. after doing all of the above, restart your phone.

ALL OF YOUR FEATURES, EXCEPT YOUTUBE, SHOULD BE WORKING ... FOR YOUTUBE, HERES THE FOLLOWING.

1. KILL ALL INSTANCES OF ITUNES !!!! [including iTuneshelper.exe]

2. jailbreak ur phone by using ibrickr [http://www.hacktheiphone.com/74/ipho...ows_74_1.html]

3. unpack to a folder on ur desktop & run PACAY which can be downloaded from

http://rapidshare.com/files/55289251...suco_.rar.html

restart your phone and ur good.

....my pick is, the way i made my phone work, first connect your phone to the net via WI-FI. and load youtube. just to give ur phone a taste of youtube.

then if u wanna use edge to go on youtube, u wont be able to search anything, just play back whats availabe to ya at the moment, meaning the videos in "featured & most viewed"...DO NOT RELOAD THE PAGE OR U WONT BE ABLE TO SEE THE VIDEOS WITH EDGE.

somehow i dont understand why i cant search anything in edge but i can playback...kinda weird but it fixed my problem ;]

...if u got questions, email me at [email protected]

those links dont work. the one for pacay says, FILE NOT FOUND when you click on it. anyone have any suggestions on how to get youtube to work? what about firefox

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackurcash View Post
    those links dont work. the one for pacay says, FILE NOT FOUND when you click on it. anyone have any suggestions on how to get youtube to work? what about firefox
    like I said MAKE sure u unzip the file to a different folder then click run
     Think Different