View Poll Results: Would you use a Windshield HUD display?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

2 100.00%
  • No way - watch the road you idiot!

0 0%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "flip"/"invert"/"mirror" iOS display for windshield HUD

Default "flip"/"invert"/"mirror" iOS display for windshield HUD
    I can't believe someone hasn't created this tweak yet, but I've searched and searched and the closest I found was an app-store app (aSmart HUD) that flips the image on the iPhone so that when you put it on the dash, it displays correctly in the reflection from the windshield. Unfortunately (of course) that app only has it's own stuff to display (speed, position etc). It can't direct you anywhere.

What I would like is a tweak (with perhaps a SBSettings toggle?) that flips the entire iOS display to mirror-image.
    That way you can start Tom-Tom and put the phone on the dash, and have the directions right there on the windscreen in HUD. Then you're not looking away from the road to check the iPhone screen etc.

Obviously this would work best (probably only) at night.

I don't know how to develop such a thing. If anyone knows of one, please speak up!

Heh, that's a pretty awesome idea. Seems better suited for an iPad though, and I'm not sure I'd want to put it on my dashboard unless it's bolted to the frame of my car - the last thing I want is to be decapitated by an iPad in a crash

damn, how do you make it so anyone can vote on the poll? I thought i'd opened it up, but maybe i didn't... ah well
    thanks for your reply Jahooba, yeah I think an iPhone would be a little less lethal to the driver in the event of a crash...