View Poll Results: What type of NOTIFICATION and length will you like to see ?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Missed Call NOTIFICATION

41 73.21%
  • New Voice Mail NOTIFICATION

25 44.64%
  • Un-Fetched MMS NOTIFICATION

22 39.29%
  • Un-Read SMS NOTIFICATION

44 78.57%
  • NOTIFY me every 1 Minute until issue is addressed

14 25.00%
  • NOTIFY me every 3 Minute until issue is addressed

16 28.57%
  • NOTIFY me every 5 Minute until issue is addressed

23 41.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missed Call, Voice Mail, SMS, MMS NOTIFICATION

Default Missed Call, Voice Mail, SMS, MMS NOTIFICATION
    OK....
    I have searched this site and have not see this posted so here I go

I cannot be the only one here that hates the fact that you have to look at your phone to see if you have missed a call, an SMS, an MMS or if you have a new voice mail. OK SMS reminder is there but thats it !

I am sure it can't be that much more difficult to make the same or better NOTIFICATION for all of the above.

Nothing complex just a simple BEEP or PING or any sound and or vibrate that happens every minute or so until we pick up the message thats waiting to be read. Something to let you know you have a missed something that needs your attention.

Am I asking for too much ?
    My old crappy phone had this feature and I have to say I miss it. If the phone is quiet I KNOW for a fact thats there's nothing new for me to see, read or reply to.

Thanks to all of the developers/hackers out there that makes us "iPhone hacking code writing app developing OS challenged Newbies" life a heck of a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Thanks
    NikonBoy

PS
    Since MONEY talks and motivates.......
    I will donate $20.00 for the GURU/Hacker/Dev Maister who can deliver this to us.
    I am sure I will not be alone in this, come on peeps commit to donate (ANY AMOUNT) and lets get this App done and stop missing calls, SMS's. MMS's, Voice mails ect.

Collected amount to date USD$20.00 (Updated as donations are made)

I can set up a Pay-pal account for this purpose if need be.
    Last edited by NikonBoy; 03-19-2008 at 09:12 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I miss this featyre aswell. My old Samsung had this, and the lack of this function on the iPhone really makes me miss my old phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NikonBoy View Post
    OK....

I cannot be the only one here that hates the fact that you have to look at your phone to see if you have missed a call, an SMS, an MMS or if you have a new voice mail. OK SMS reminder is there but thats it !

I am sure it can't be that much more difficult to make the same or better NOTIFICATION for all of the above.

Nothing complex just a simple BEEP or PING or any sound and or vibrate that happens every minute or so until we pick up the message thats waiting to be read. Something to let you know you have a missed something that needs your attention.

Am I asking for too much ?
    My old crappy phone had this feature and I have to say I miss it. If the phone is quiet I KNOW for a fact thats there's nothing new for me to see, read or reply to.

Thanks to all of the developers/hackers out there that makes us "iPhone hacking code writing app developing OS challenged Newbies" life a heck of a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Thanks
    NikonBoy

PS
    Since MONEY talks and motivates.......
    I will donate $20.00 for the GURU/Hacker/Dev Maister who can deliver this to us.
    I am sure I will not be alone in this, come on peeps commit to donate (ANY AMOUNT) and lets get this App done and stop missing calls, SMS's. MMS's, Voice mails ect.

Collected amount to date USD$20.00 (Updated as donations are made)

I can set up a Pay-pal account for this purpose if need be.
    Caterpillar right now does Missed Calls and SMS and it works nicely too.... Heard that VM is comming.... It offers 2 day trial and for $20... 6 month of use... I guess you can give that a shot. ripdev.com then click on caterpillar.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

I have a 20 on this also if this runs correctly on 1.1.4

the ivibrate app on installer does sms and missed calls, its runing on my iphone, ver 1.1.1 , i dunno about any other firmwares though but its free and id be lost without it.

Quote Originally Posted by NikonBoy View Post
    OK....
    it's been posted here, dozens of times

Quote Originally Posted by TypeSDragoon View Post
    it's been posted here, dozens of times

Possibly...
    But its there a solution to all of the above yet ?

Smile it is there
    I had it installed but can't remember where it how I did it it said you have mail, voicemail text message and missed call I believe I just can't find it I know it was somewhere on installer or even another source I had to add myself, please where is this app

Quote Originally Posted by millchen View Post
    I had it installed but can't remember where it how I did it it said you have mail, voicemail text message and missed call I believe I just can't find it I know it was somewhere on installer or even another source I had to add myself, please where is this app
    Man, your comment is so confusing to read. Add some commas or periods in your sentences.
    [IMG]http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/sigs/30510698.png[\IMG]

this would be cool

It is called "Talking Alerts"
    It is available on this source: meachware.com/list.xml

Hope this helps

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dartman66 For This Useful Post:

NikonBoy (04-02-2008)

OK...

Just installed it and ran it but it ONLY notifies you when the SMS or VOICEMAIL first is received, you DO NOT get a "REPEATE" notification that tell you you have NEW SMS or VOICEMAIL thats what we are looking for. A continuous notification till we retrive the unread SMS, Voicemail MMS or call
    Thanks for the tip, I have also contacted the developer and asked him to see if he could update the notification to include these.

Will keep you guys posted
    NikonBoy
    Last edited by NikonBoy; 04-02-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Caterpillar has the option to emind you of missed SMS and calls. You can set it vibrate or sound or both. It also lets you set the interval of how often it reminds you. This is a pay for program. I think it has alot of potential. It is available through the following source. http://repository.ripdev.com/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dartman66 For This Useful Post:

NikonBoy (04-03-2008)

A NICE !
    Even though its a pay thing its a "Thing" so better than no notification at all.

Thanks
    NikonBoy

Would be nice to get a free Call Notify app. Been waiting quite a while for it.

Thanks

OMG Catapiller has a ton of things I'll never even use, isn't there a program that just gives you simple sms, mms, missed call, voice mail reminder? i mean hellooooo , it's the iphone. lol ....... oh if someone invents it I'll donate mula, :-) I've donated over 35 bucks for good programs....

I agree...
    The iPhone is just too much phone for such little included features. I mean come one ! My Old motorola had video WITH SOUND MMS Video Conference, ect all oroginal no hackign no messing with software.

I know the iPhone has A LOT of potential but for a $400 phone it should have had all this AND MORE STANDARD already included.

But I am just blowing off steam here so if someone here can get this app done I will gladly donate as stated on the first post. I am no guru, hacker or code writer by any means but I have seem more complicated softwares than this developed so I know this cant be that difficult.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

agree

Don't worry ... its coming
    maybe this week ... and free!

What i do:
    - display icons on lock screen :
    * missed calls
    * unread sms
    * next birthday
    * next tasks
    - reminder with sound and/or vibrate
    - specify delay

some suggestions ?
    Last edited by skrew; 04-21-2008 at 05:40 PM.
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

DjayDub (04-22-2008), sufirao (05-14-2008), sylap69 (06-05-2008)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast