+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snes A.D/A.D.X Plus. Sound problem.

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi! I have an Iphone 3GS, firmware: 4.3.2 untethered jailbreak and I just installed Snes A.D.X. When I start to play a game the sound is there but after maybe
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Snes A.D/A.D.X Plus. Sound problem.
    Hi!

I have an Iphone 3GS, firmware: 4.3.2 untethered jailbreak and I just installed Snes A.D.X.

When I start to play a game the sound is there but after maybe 30 secs it disappears, and then after maybe 1 minute it comes back?

I have installed snes a.d/a.d.x/a.d.x plus and they are all the same.
    Snes4all is a good emulator but I really want the option to hide in-game menu when I play (I play with wiimote).

Is it just because my iphone 3gs is to slow or have you guys tried it on ipad, iphone 4 etc.

Please help me out!

Thanks

Try reinstalling
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, i have the same problem. I installed 4.3.1, AND 4.3.2, and had the problem with both firmwares, however when i downgraded back to 4.2.1, it works fine. I also had tried re-installing snes adx plus during both firmware upgrades, but to no avail. it still stops working, then starts working, then stops working. Playing games this way really sucks, so i just downgraded back to 4.2.1 until a fix is found.

PS - this is on the iPad 1G wifi/3G
    Last edited by beavis71cox; 04-25-2011 at 01:18 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hello Jackprice,

I had the same problem with SNES ADX Plus. I liked it a lot until it stopped working with my iPad1. I dug a little deeper and apparently it is a bug with iOS 4.3+. I refused to pay $6 more for snes4iphone, so I searched Cydia and found: SNES9x EX.

It is absolutely FREE and has no ads, just like the PC/Mac versions, and it works beautifully with any iOS. I tried it out on both my iPhone4 with iOS 4.3.1 and my iPad1 with iOS 4.3.2 and both work very well, without sound issues and at a great frame rate. Try it out. I don't know if it has the hide in-game menu option, because I don't use it anyway.
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iTouch-Warrior For This Useful Post:

Ikram232 (08-15-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But can u use the wiimote with classic controller on that emulator. Also, what happened to bslapps.com? Closed down? Or what?
    Last edited by beavis71cox; 04-25-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beavis71cox View Post
    But can u use the wiimote with classic controller on that emulator. Also, what happened to bslapps.com? Closed down? Or what?
    Yes you can! And it works great!

As far as I can tell, bslapps is M.I.A. Their last Twitter activity was in Sept. 2010 and I can't find anything new about them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were shut down because they added direct links to ROM sites on their apps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iTouch-Warrior For This Useful Post:

beavis71cox (04-25-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

awesome. i'll check it out. the "Find game" option in the adx emulators was great though. You downloaded a rom straight to the folder in seconds.
    Also, i noticed that sound bug is in ALL the ADX programs.

Thanks

Yeah, sadly downloading ROMs/ISOs or any digital copy of games you don't own is illegal, so maybe they got shut down because of this, but that's just a guess.

I believe all the AD apps have the same code and architecture. Originally ADX was released for iPad only (because of its bigger screen); but I don't really know what's the difference between them other than that.

Anyway, I'll stick to SNES9x, I've been using the PC version since 2002 and the Mac version since last year, and seeing it on my iPad is awesome ! Besides, I'm not too optimistic about an update to ADX anytime soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow! snes9x ex is pretty good, except i've been finding some games that don't work on it. Like the BS Zelda english translation. It runs on SNES ADX, but not on SNES9X EX. So that kind of sucks.
    But anyways, i agree with you. I don't think there will be an update anytime soon for the ADX Plus series of emulators. Thanks again.

Thanks

You're welcome! I still haven't found any problems with compatibility, but I'm sure there must be a few games that don't work. Glad you liked it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default First Post ever lol
    Im having the same problem, I got iPhone3gs 4.3.3 unlocked, and i justed downloaded snes and nes ADX and the sound just go away and comes back. I wish it could b fixed because these emulators are great. Please help

ps; if the sound goes away, hit the menu button, then go back to active game and the sound comes back for a little while...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C-YaPro View Post
    Im having the same problem, I got iPhone3gs 4.3.3 unlocked, and i justed downloaded snes and nes ADX and the sound just go away and comes back. I wish it could b fixed because these emulators are great. Please help

ps; if the sound goes away, hit the menu button, then go back to active game and the sound comes back for a little while...
    No way to fix it. The authors of the ADX emulators are gone (apparently). Besides, the workaround you recommended is only that, a temporary workaround.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    No way to fix it. The authors of the ADX emulators are gone (apparently). Besides, the workaround you recommended is only that, a temporary workaround.
    Ill prob try SNES9x EX like u suggested

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    Hello Jackprice,

I had the same problem with SNES ADX Plus. I liked it a lot until it stopped working with my iPad1. I dug a little deeper and apparently it is a bug with iOS 4.3+. I refused to pay $6 more for snes4iphone, so I searched Cydia and found: SNES9x EX.

It is absolutely FREE and has no ads, just like the PC/Mac versions, and it works beautifully with any iOS. I tried it out on both my iPhone4 with iOS 4.3.1 and my iPad1 with iOS 4.3.2 and both work very well, without sound issues and at a great frame rate. Try it out. I don't know if it has the hide in-game menu option, because I don't use it anyway.
    Thanks iTouch-Warrior without that fact I would be unhappy and also I wanted say it was way smoother than Snes A.D.X Plus
    and make sure if you are buying the Snes A.D.X Plus emulator do not buy it, it's slow sound cuts out and for me the sound is terrible, I would never play it like that! Anyway, Thanks again iTouch-Warrior!