Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps to display iPod screen on my tv.

Default Apps to display iPod screen on my tv.
    Okay, so I recently purchased a cable to have video from my iPod to TV so I can see my emulators on a big screen. I've tried a few different apps now and looking for more options. So far I know of these apps

Landscape tv out
    Display Out
    TVOut
    TVOut2 Mirror TVOut
    screensplitr

Display Out and TVOut2 Mirror TVOut worked for me in iOS 4.2.1 so far, but I'd like to know if there is any other apps that do this function, that may offer more settings like sizing and screen possitioning, etc.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsudeily For This Useful Post:

Nomada shecid (05-10-2011)

Display Out is pretty great so far, I must admit.

Issues I'm having
    1. My iPod screen isn't quite centered, in fact it's a little low. Not a big deal, but it'd be nice if I could center it via app options.
    Developer told me it's a problem with my tv, didn't make a comment about adding this function to the app

2. I asked if he could add in the option to disable push when DisplayOut is active, and the option to disable autolock (annoying when I have a game paused to look something up, etc. Dev response: SBSetting toggles are available for those.

unfortunately I do not know enough to "hack" the app and add those toggles into this one so I'm stuck using those. It's not that big of a deal, just would be convenient to have all 3 in one.

Any other app suggestions to display my iPod on my tv?

Thank you littlefoot for the reply, but playing video is not an issue. I don't need an app to play the videos over my cables. To see my NES emulator, and other things I do. Just looking for the best app available to do what I need.