+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enlarging icons on iphone 3G

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi all. I have been searching for a solution to this quandry for a while, and it seems a 3rd party app might be necessary. I will be upgrading my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Enlarging icons on iphone 3G
    Hi all. I have been searching for a solution to this quandry for a while, and it seems a 3rd party app might be necessary. I will be upgrading my phone, but my mom, who is legally blind, wants my iphone3G. I simply want a way to enlarge the icons and text of the display, and perhaps to enlarge text on webpages. I do NOT want a read-to program, as my mom has always found those types of programs frustrating. Are there any Cydia apps or other 3rd party apps to help with that? Mind you, I have 3G, not 3GS, which I know has an accessibility feature. Are there any APPLE apps for that purpose? Thanks! I appreciate any feedback at all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"Shrink" has options for 125%, 150%, 200%, 300%, 400%, and 500% (in addition to options to actually shrink the icons). However, the labels stay the same size. Also, once you get larger than 125%, the icons cover the labels.

You can update the .plist file in a theme you're running (or create a new theme) to modify the label attributes by updating the "UndockedIconLabelStyle" and "DockedIconLabelStyle" keys.

I hope this helps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KristaSees View Post
    Hi all. I have been searching for a solution to this quandry for a while, and it seems a 3rd party app might be necessary. I will be upgrading my phone, but my mom, who is legally blind, wants my iphone3G. I simply want a way to enlarge the icons and text of the display, and perhaps to enlarge text on webpages. I do NOT want a read-to program, as my mom has always found those types of programs frustrating. Are there any Cydia apps or other 3rd party apps to help with that? Mind you, I have 3G, not 3GS, which I know has an accessibility feature. Are there any APPLE apps for that purpose? Thanks! I appreciate any feedback at all.

Try "Springtomize" from Cydia, in the icon section u can adjust the size!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi