Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dreamboard

Default Dreamboard
    Uhm, yea. I dont know how to use dreamboard. I click on it and shows me one theme, i click on it to apply and it crashes. Iphone 4 running on 4.2.1

Sorry this is in the wrong section.D=
    Last edited by BboyAirrick; 03-23-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: extra!

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

everyone is having that problem.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Using iFile, go to /var/library and copy the 'Dreamboard' folder to the '/' directory. Respring.

yea I just managed to get mine outta the loop it was stuck in after trying to customize with db. Why is this happening and are they going to fix it? I paid for the app though iv heard it is free now.

Yeah my 3GS is stuck in a reboot loop as well :-/
    I'm using phonedisk right now to mess with with folder system but every time I put in my password to make changes the folder ends up staying put exactly where it was to begin with. I need this to stop rebooting lol.
    Hey CCoops11, where's the "/" directory and why do I have "lib" in my var folder as opposed to "library"? I have dreamboard in my root directory and can't just delete it :-(
    Dammit, I should have checked the boards before downloading this plague

Update! Found a solution that worked for me over at another thread! Hopefully it helps you out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rigatony View Post
    No no no don't restore !
    I had the same problem !
    Connect your iPhone to your computer and use a USB iPhone file browser like iPhone Explorer. Go to private/var/stash/Applications.XXXX/ and delete "DreamBoard.app" then go to Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ and delete DreamBoard.dylib.
    Your iPhone should stop respringing.
    Thank you so much!!!! Got my 3GS up and running in no time! I couldn't delete the DB.app file but after I deleted the DB.dylib file it resprang two more times and was good to go! I went into cydia and removed this terrible terrible package! Let's hope that an update comes soon so that I didn't spend my $2.99 in vain
    Last edited by LeonShotMe; 03-31-2011 at 05:16 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LeonShotMe For This Useful Post:

Compillit (09-15-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by LeonShotMe View Post
    Yeah my 3GS is stuck in a reboot loop as well :-/
    I'm using phonedisk right now to mess with with folder system but every time I put in my password to make changes the folder ends up staying put exactly where it was to begin with. I need this to stop rebooting lol.
    Hey CCoops11, where's the "/" directory and why do I have "lib" in my var folder as opposed to "library"? I have dreamboard in my root directory and can't just delete it :-(
    Dammit, I should have checked the boards before downloading this plague

Update! Found a solution that worked for me over at another thread! Hopefully it helps you out!

Thank you so much!!!! Got my 3GS up and running in no time! I couldn't delete the DB.app file but after I deleted the DB.dylib file it resprang two more times and was good to go! I went into cydia and removed this terrible terrible package! Let's hope that an update comes soon so that I didn't spend my $2.99 in vain
    This post made me face-palm really hard.

First, DO NOT move you dreamboard folder. Make a symbolic link (can be done with ifile) to the dreamboard folder in the root folder.

Dreamboard is not free. It's the replacement for winterboard, and it's much much much more powerful. You need to poke around and find your bearings before jumping in. It's still very new.

If you know what your doing, it's very very stable. I would read some of the thread and make use of the search tool. The fact that this thread exists kinda amazes me considering dreamboard was brought to life here; on modmyi. Check out the new theme's and releases section for the iphone 4. that's where you will find (if you know how to look) all the information needed.
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/