Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hide signs of jailbreak

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Hide signs of jailbreak
    Hello, I would like to know if there is a iPhone tweak that can hide ALL signs of my iPhone being jailbroken. As in the Cydia wont show up in the search bar. No jailbreaks in the settings tabs. Only be able to view in the SBSettins preferably.
    I ask this because my father doesn't want me to jailbreak my iPhone. Well. I did it because I'm tired of being being limited with apple. So i got my freedom. Now. Dose anyone know how to hide it?
    Please someone reply.

If you are confused of what i'm saying. please say something so I can make the post better

Thanks
    -Matt

You CANT hide all of the evidence of a jailbreak. Once jailbreaking, there's no going back. Your warranty is broken with apple
    no sig spam

Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 7,007 Posts

You can hide cydia with poof I believe. You can turn spotlight off so that cydia doesnt show up in the search bar (nothing will).

How about password protecting your phone so he can't use it at all?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeam View Post
    You CANT hide all of the evidence of a jailbreak. Once jailbreaking, there's no going back. Your warranty is broken with apple
    I don't have a warranty so it's fine. Plus If I had a warranty I would just restore it if I needed a new one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You can hide cydia with poof I believe. You can turn spotlight off so that cydia doesnt show up in the search bar (nothing will).
    That's what I'm doing right now. But with SBsettings dock.
    I wanna hide winterbored from the settings section

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by resin View Post
    How about password protecting your phone so he can't use it at all?
    I wanna hide the signs of jailbreak because my dad didn't want me to jailbreak it. Im 14 w/o a job so I can't buy a new one and say this is mine I can do w.e.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well hopefully his dad doesn't realize spotlight is gone bc hiding it is a sign of jb

Like x98car said though, hide Cydia and any jb apps you think might be conspicuous. Poof or in the more options in sbsettings will hide apps.

Just curious, why doesn't he want you to jb it? Doesn't hurt and it's difficult to brick an iPhone nowadays.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Well hopefully his dad doesn't realize spotlight is gone bc hiding it is a sign of jb

Like x98car said though, hide Cydia and any jb apps you think might be conspicuous. Poof or in the more options in sbsettings will hide apps.

Just curious, why doesn't he want you to jb it? Doesn't hurt and it's difficult to brick an iPhone nowadays.
    Yes. But when u go into settings and scroll down. U see some apps. Like winterbored

Thanks

Hm yes, that can be a problem. I forgot about settings doing that. Not sure how to hide that. Maybe you can hide your settings app when he's around?

Green Apple
    Thanks

He didn't want me to jailbreak it because I tend to mess with devices. But I know not to screw with it majorly. Especially because my last iPhone I screwed up tryin to buy 4.3 beta on... Haha. But I learned my lesson. And just want freedom with my idevice

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hm yes, that can be a problem. I forgot about settings doing that. Not sure how to hide that. Maybe you can hide your settings app when he's around?
    He has a iPhone as well. He's had one since the iPhone 3G now he has a 4. I have a 3GS he knows about them. And I RELLY hate haveing my 1st page unorganized I guess is OCD but its like stuff has to be in Serrtin places. Haha. But so far he dosnt know and it's been jailbroken for a week now. When I had my iPod touch it was jailbroken for like 3 months didnt know. I guess i can do what ive been doing untill I can hide it.

Thanks

Lol makes sense. I never had an iPod touch and iPhone until I was 19 and afforded it on my own. But I can understand if your dad is concerned about what you do with your expensive iDevice.

But glad you learned your lesson. Jailbreak and unlock fine, just don't mess with betas and the iPad baseband.

So would hiding settings be a good solution or should we search deeper? I have a ton of apps from Cydia that show up in settings, so I wouldn't possibly tell you you should remove those apps bc I know we all want those jb apps

All I know how to do is hide the icon in settings which is to disable the icon image, but I can't say I know how to take it off. It would still say "winterboard" but the tab would still be there :/ probably also not a good idea to mess with system files tho lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol makes sense. I never had an iPod touch and iPhone until I was 19 and afforded it on my own. But I can understand if your dad is concerned about what you do with your expensive iDevice.

But glad you learned your lesson. Jailbreak and unlock fine, just don't mess with betas and the iPad baseband.

So would hiding settings be a good solution or should we search deeper? I have a ton of apps from Cydia that show up in settings, so I wouldn't possibly tell you you should remove those apps bc I know we all want those jb apps

All I know how to do is hide the icon in settings which is to disable the icon image, but I can't say I know how to take it off. It would still say "winterboard" but the tab would still be there :/ probably also not a good idea to mess with system files tho lol.
    Don't get me wrong I know where my dad is coming from. He's worried I'll break it. But lessons are learned by mistakes. Heck im supprized he's not checking my iPhone a lot. Lol

Thanks

Yeah I get what you mean lol.

Well good, he trusts you enough not to just take the 3GS and hand you a 2G haha.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I get what you mean lol.

Well good, he trusts you enough not to just take the 3GS and hand you a 2G haha.

He couldn't haha. He never had one. And he sells them after he upgrades.

Thanks

My point exactly sell your 3GS, get you a 2G and keep his profit lol. J/k, hopefully you won't mess that 3GS up then haha.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My point exactly sell your 3GS, get you a 2G and keep his profit lol. J/k, hopefully you won't mess that 3GS up then haha.
    LMAO! And guess what I almost did.

I was trying to put "My3G" **mod edit: no warez please** on my iPhone. And it was taking forever. So I tried hitting home burton. Didn't work. Tried locking it. Didn't work. I staRt freaking out ( diddnt work) did a hard turn off. Took a while. Freaked out some more... Five minutes of leaving it off. I remember, oh yea... It takes a while to turn on.... That normal.
    Lmfao. Ima idiot
    Last edited by i.Annie; 02-25-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks

I'm sure you were terrified. Sounds like you're slightly traumatized from messing up your first device!

Hide Cydia using SBSettings and in Mobile Substrate Addons under SBSettings turn off Preference Loader. Then just disable application viewing under Spotlight and then you can't really tell Cydia is on unless you look further.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast