+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Music Transfer App

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Is there an app, or can someone make one, that acts as the itunes transfer purchases thing? All you would do is choose transfer all or choose songs that you
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Music Transfer App
    Is there an app, or can someone make one, that acts as the itunes transfer purchases thing?

All you would do is choose transfer all or choose songs that you want to transfer. All songs should then by copied onto a specified directory on a computer (Windows please?). The app should also check the directory for songs that are already copied and not transfer those, just like itunes wouldn't. I know this can be done with iFile, but I was hoping that there can be an app that could make it as easy as itunes, by just clicking a few buttons. Also, iFile only sees the weird string of letters and numbers and I was hoping this App would be able to actually see what they are, and copy them with the same name accordingly. It is just infuriating that Apple makes it extremely difficult for any song not purchased by itunes. I want to talk to this Steve Jobs guy and ask him what the ?%&(?!@ does he think he is doing.

Thanks

They make it difficult because they don't know if the song was pirated, so they don't want to redistribute the music they are not sure of.

A simple search would have revealed to you "pod to pc".

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

Actually that is not why they do it. People pirate music and Apple isn't going to stop them. They will keep doing it. I never pirate music however, but Apple still won't let me transfer. The reason for this is because they use it to try to gain more market. They put this annoyance to the average customer so that the customer will stop using whatever music source they use and use iTunes instead.

Thanks

You can speculate all day long about why they do it, but the main reason is that they are assuming that you sync the ipod with you computer to get music, thus your computer would have all the same songs. If you buy a song from itunes while on your ipod/iphone, you can transfer it when you plug in. What Apple doesn't want you doing is plugging into friend's computers and transferring all your music to them.

Look, you can sit a ***** about it, or you can spend a few bucks (or find a freeware alternative) and take care of this yourself.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks
    I know how to transfer the music!

-Open your file browser and go to var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control and drag all the folders to your computer. Now just drag the iTunes_Control folder to iTunes and sync you music! The End!

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by INeed2Know;58loc35092
    I know how to transfer the music!

-Open your file browser and go to var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control and drag all the folders to your computer. Now just drag the iTunes_Control folder to iTunes and sync you music! The End!

Will iTunes rename the music from the weird strings so that it could be seen outside of iTunes as the real name of the songs?

Thanks
    No it uses the song title. (:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Copytrans does what you want really well, but it's paid. You can also import the weird named files in iTunes and set in Preferences "keep my folder organized"