+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Post your cydia app idea here

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I know in the past I have had many ideas for great cydia apps/tweaks that someone should make. Share yours ideas here!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Post your cydia app idea here
    I know in the past I have had many ideas for great cydia apps/tweaks that someone should make. Share yours ideas here!

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

okay, so I dunno if this is done already...but like a page-loop, so have no spot search or whatever it's called, and have your pages loop, like a circle lol. I'd pay for it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's a really good idea. Something I was thinking of that is similar to that is a dock tweak where it would be like a little wheel you could spin and it would repeat. Kinda like infinidock but you would set a bunch of apps there then spin it to go around and look for stuff on your dock. Its hard to explain, but hope that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

There is not a huge call for this because PPPOE is not widely used I guess but...

A PPPOE app with a GUI in english would be awesome.

I use one from the NCONX repo but it's a terminal app. There is an app in the weiphone repo with a GUI but it's in chinese (go figure).

Like I said it's not something widely used so that would explain the lack of userfriendly apps. Where I am right now I have to have that app in order to connect to wifi but that won't be the case soon.
    @hvywheel

Thanks

hmm yeah i think I know what you're tryna say. sounds alright. or how about this - at boot up, instead of just the boring apple logo, similar to sleepfx, what about bootfx

I know there would be issues with this straight away though..I wouldn't have a clue why but not all models can have custom boot logos..I've got an old bootrom 3GS and love my custom boot logo. but it would be sweet huh

Green Apple
    Thanks

How about a dock that moves like the coverflow for albums?
    That way you can put as many apps on it as you want flick though them.
    Infinidock works well but it doesn't have the animation.

Swype or Shapewriter to replace your standard iphone keyboard.
    That'd be pretty cool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@keenpois0n the new greenpois0n rc5 will most likely support custom boot logos and verbose boot. But yeah more interesting bootfx would be nice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Awestun View Post
    @keenpois0n the new greenpois0n rc5 will most likely support custom boot logos and verbose boot. But yeah more interesting bootfx would be nice

it'd be nice to have those things in the new greenpois0n...but I just think it won't happen. theyd need pretty good hacks to do this, not saying i know how to do this or how hard/easy it is, but I think they've taken ages to break 4.2.1, I just don't think they'll come out with these custom bootlogos with this gp. but I hope I'm wrong! I'm sick of 4.1. I know I can go 4.2.1 untether but i don't like that firmware! dunno why.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think it would be really nice to have a toggle made for SB Hidden StatusBar. It works great for me for what it does, though having the option to toggle-to-unhide would be even better imho (hope it's not too difficult). (crosses fingers)

Thanks

this would be another one I would greatly appreciate. being able to cancel text msgs when they are sending. i know there are tweaks that pop up and ask if you want to send, but what I'd like is being able to cancel a sending message.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wouldn't mind an application that turns on Push Notifications on at a certain time and then turns them off at another.
    So, E.G turn on at 7AM when you wake up, turn off at 9PM when you go to bed.

Only because it's annoying to turn them on and off every day.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

a couple of big brother beaters for privacy:
    (1)
    an sms app with encryption built in ( something like PGP) so recipient can decode with with a passcode.

(2)
    a replacement phone dialer app with built in scrambling capabilities so calls cannot be monitored. both parties needing passcode to decrypt speech. speech is sent over the airwaves as encrypted speech and is unintelligle except to the caller and recipient.

i hate the fact everything is monitored and in a day and age of such huge business and corporate spying i cannot understand why nobody is focusing on information security. im talking something like 256 bit that even the cia couldnt be bothered trying to decode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talk to text text to speech music text tones better video backgrounds FaceTime anytime

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default dashboard
    I'd love to see a dashboard implemented like on OSX. I think it would be perfect if the home button double tap brought up the dashboard which would have the multitasking bar at the bottom like it is now and then pages of widgets in the main area. Maybe even get rid of the multitasking bar entirely and have a page of running app thumbnails all the way to the left of the widgets (kind of like where spotlight is on the springboard).

EDIT: Better yet maybe LockInfo could just have an option to display in the multitasking screen. That would be great!
    Last edited by abross86; 02-08-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    this would be another one I would greatly appreciate. being able to cancel text msgs when they are sending. i know there are tweaks that pop up and ask if you want to send, but what I'd like is being able to cancel a sending message.
    there is. bite SMS has an option to delay sending by 1-3 seconds and in that time frame u can cancel. I think there are a few free tweaks recently added to Cydia that adds a confirm to send

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't know if there is an app for this but I just got a new computer and everything I bought is on my old computer (iTunes, Apps, movies..). I still use that computer but I want to transfer ALL my apps over to the new one. Is that possible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OllieKnight View Post
    I wouldn't mind an application that turns on Push Notifications on at a certain time and then turns them off at another.
    So, E.G turn on at 7AM when you wake up, turn off at 9PM when you go to bed.

Only because it's annoying to turn them on and off every day.
    There is an app in cydia that already does this. Sorry I don't recall the name. Maybe ask the community in a thread.

Edit. maybe SBscheduler its called. you set profiles to start ar certain times so you would have 2 profiles set, 1 without notifications for while you sleep and 1 for during the day.
    Last edited by Sailor-girl; 02-08-2011 at 04:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default mail.app enhancer
    Like Maps Enhancer, this app/tweak would improve upon Apple's built in Mail.app.

I don't have unlimited data and I would like to be able to toggle on and off, email attachment downloads so I can still read the message but would need to manually download the attachment (by pushing on the dashed button with the arrow).

Alternatively one could also limit automatic downloading to when the phone is connected to WIFI but not 3G or Edge.

That'd be awesome and I would pay a few bucks for such an app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not sure if there is one but i would download an unlock screen appthat uses leters so that it sets like a real pass

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Y'all need to come out with swype or slide it for the iPod touch as the universal or international keyboard for everything I dont wanna copy and paste with shapewriter come on now

+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast