+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Memory?!

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hello! So, I deleted a file that's 168MB big which was in one of the system folders, cuz I wanted to swap it with a different one.. Nevertheless I now
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Free Memory?!
    Hello!
    So, I deleted a file that's 168MB big which was in one of the system folders, cuz I wanted to swap it with a different one.. Nevertheless I now can't put something on my iPhone that is 140MB big, since my system folders are full! But I deleted a 160MB file??!!
    What can I do to free my memory and get the free space of the file I deleted??

iPhone 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

What file did you delete? What method did you use to delete it? Did you delete the file or just a symlink to it? What are you trying to replace it with? Why does it need to be on the system volume? What does sbsettings or df show for free space on your volumes?
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well I used SysPartition to get more free space
    It was dyld_shared_cache_armv61 and I tried to install Game Center But it worked out now