+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disabling landscape for select apps

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'd like an app that would disable the landscape orientation for select apps. I did find one, but the description leads me to believe it won't do what I want.
    Thanks

Default Disabling landscape for select apps
    I'd like an app that would disable the landscape orientation for select apps. I did find one, but the description leads me to believe it won't do what I want.

I would like to prevent pandora from swapping to landscape mode because it messes with my navigation app (Navigon).

I have a window mount that holds my phone in landscape mode which is best for Navigon...but if a sucky song comes up and I want to skip it or thumbs down it I have to twist the phone onto portrait mode while driving because the landscape view for Pandora won't give me these options.

Can one of you developers do this?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

There are two options that might work for your specific case, though neither is what you're really looking for.

1. Install Rotation Inhibitor in Cydia. When you want to drive, launch Navigon and have it go into landscape mode, then toggle the rotation inhibitor in SBSettings, then launch Pandora which will start in portrait mode by default.

2. Look into Music Controls which can give you either status bar controls for Pandora or a popup player (like the iPod one) that can skip the song.

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I ran along this quite a while ago, and since I worked this out I've really been out of the jailbreaking game so I'm not sure how much this helps, or even if rotation inhibitor is available anymore. But anyways this should help:
    Disable Screen Rotation in SMS Only

the only thing is that I'm not sure how to make this true for non-Apple apps. I think you would have to redirect it to Pandora, but I don't know how to do that. Hope this little bit of information helps.