Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Request] Message Access Profile (MAP) Bluetooth

Default [Request] Message Access Profile (MAP) Bluetooth
    iOS has fallen behind technology in the bluetooth department once again. New Blackberries such as the Pearl 3G support a Bluetooth profile known as Message Access Profile or MAP. This profile allows for enabled devices to communicate with new in-car systems such as Ford's Sync and BMW's ConnectedDrive to display and read aloud SMS and EMail as to not distract the driver. Support for this profile was not built into iOS 4 and by the time Apple actually decides to integrate it through an update I will probably have switched to a Verizon LTE phone.

Please make an App to enable the Bluetooth Message Access Profile on JB iOS 4/iPhone 4.

I second this request! Although I don't think this will go anywhere.

Default Word
    Quote Originally Posted by nate55 View Post
    iOS has fallen behind technology in the bluetooth department once again. New Blackberries such as the Pearl 3G support a Bluetooth profile known as Message Access Profile or MAP. This profile allows for enabled devices to communicate with new in-car systems such as Ford's Sync and BMW's ConnectedDrive to display and read aloud SMS and EMail as to not distract the driver. Support for this profile was not built into iOS 4 and by the time Apple actually decides to integrate it through an update I will probably have switched to a Verizon LTE phone.

Please make an App to enable the Bluetooth Message Access Profile on JB iOS 4/iPhone 4.
    Same here, for Toyota Entune. Pretty pleease.