Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PDF file viewer

Default PDF file viewer
    Hey guys I go to college and I have to print these PDf files of math homework out, I was wondering if there was some way I could just SSh the files into my phone and view them off some sort of app, anything would be good.
    Thanks in advance.

Any help I know it's newbie?

As an El-Cheapo method, you could just email them to yourself. The iPhone has a native PDF renderer that works fairly well. Otherwise, grab iFile for a few bucks from Cydia, which is similar to Windows Explorer (assuming you're running Windows) in that it's a file browser but with support for most common document types, including PDF. I've used it to browse Physics lecture notes before, and it works well. Just SSH the files to your phone ("/var/mobile/media" is a good base folder to start) and open up iFile to view them.

ibooks works great for reading pdf's and it's free you can email them to yourself and then select open with ibooks. It should save them in ibooks for you to view later.

or you can sync them via itunes.
    Last edited by boozie; 11-16-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost