+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Delete songs from iPhone

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hey guys, I am looking for a tweak that will allow me to delete music directly from my iPhone. Does this exist in cydia somewhere? Thanks so much guys!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Delete songs from iPhone
    Hey guys, I am looking for a tweak that will allow me to delete music directly from my iPhone. Does this exist in cydia somewhere?

Thanks so much guys!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Only way to remove songs in the iPod app is to unsync them to my knowledge.

Thanks

you can just swipe>delete now, think its been like this since 4.0

nevermind, only playlists. i couldve sworn i did it for individual songs once. my bad!
    Last edited by patoons; 10-27-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks

If u purchase and download Pwntunes from cydia then u will be able to have total control of your iPod. Also use iFile so u can delete internally.

I also use Mewseek for downloading and adding songs to my library from my iPhone.
    Last edited by stlcaddie; 10-27-2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, I have the same problem.

After upgrade by default it looks like I have some songs on the song list in my iPhone that say they are downloadable.

so I went into music and turned the option off "show all music"

most of them went away, except for a couple.

I would like to get rid of them, but they aren't deletable.

I can swipe to delete for most songs except for those ones.... the delete option won't show up for them so I don't know how to get rid of them! haven't tried using a computer with itunes yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unsync the songs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rebortver View Post
    It's no longer possible to delete songs from iPhone in iOS7. To remove music:
    1) Find a PC/Mac
    2) Install iTunes if it is not installed
    3) Connect your device
    4) Tell your device to trust the computer if it asks
    5) Switch over to the device view
    6) Browse to your music on the device
    7) Delete it
    Getting music off isn't as easy as putting it on but the swipe gesture now goes back in menus on which you can get a new interface of iPhone Data Eraser.
    If you didn't have the songs on the iPad before you updated but you purchased it, there is a feature enabled by default that shows all music. to turn it off go to settings/music/show all music-off. Otherwise, to delete music, swipe from right to left over what you want to delete.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluesjeam View Post
    Hello, I have the same problem.

After upgrade by default it looks like I have some songs on the song list in my iPhone that say they are downloadable.

so I went into music and turned the option off "show all music"

most of them went away, except for a couple.

I would like to get rid of them, but they aren't deletable.

I can swipe to delete for most songs except for those ones.... the delete option won't show up for them so I don't know how to get rid of them! haven't tried using a computer with itunes yet.
    Did you enable iTunes Match on your iPhone? If so, disable it by going to Settings > iTunes and App Store > iTunes Match > OFF

In addition, you can delete songs from any iDevice using copytrans manager without the need to sync/unsync with iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Who can tell me a useful way to delete songs from my iPod?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If the song has been downloaded and you want to remove it you just need to swipe your finger from right hand side across towards the left and a red delete button should appear.

If I understand this correctly, there are 2 options to delete songs:
    1. From Settings, General, delete all music.
    2. Go one by one, and delete each song by swiping from the right. Would have to do this for each song individually.

I don't know the best way to point this out to Apple, but this isn't a good solution. I have hundreds of songs, but I certainly don't want to delete all my songs and then have to re-download lots of them. There really should be a way to manage a long list of songs without having to go one by one to delete them individually. I think this is an easy tasks on other platforms, why should it be so much harder on an iPad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You need to go a little further. Settings>General>Usage> then wait for storage to show you your apps and how much storage they each have. Since you have so much, you probably will not need to scroll down and choose "show all apps". Then >Music. You'll see the edit button in the top right corner. Tap and you'll see a red button next to "all music". Tap and you'll get a delete button. I hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What I've found, after reading three or four websites, is:

a) the "show all songs" has no effect other than hiding songs that are not on your device, but rather in the cloud -- so by doing this it may eliminate some confusion as you can't delete a song that's only in the cloud (i.e., not downloaded on your device); and

b) it seems to me you can only delete songs from the Songs, Album, or Artist 'tab' (click the 'Songs' or 'Album' or or 'Artist' icon at the bottom of the Music app) -- I can't seem to delete a song in a playlist, which is frustrating as I work out of playlists 90% of the time .

And yes, swiping right-to-left gets the Delete icon to show. This is the page that helped me the most:
    How to Delete Photos from iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here's how to delete one at a time. Go to music app in settings. Click show all songs. Go back to the song you want to delete. Click the cloud icon next to it (re-download it). Then manually delete it after it's done downloading. Works for me.