Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jailbreak app that allows use of other Bluetooth devices? Like obdii dongles?

  1. #1
    Default Jailbreak app that allows use of other Bluetooth devices? Like obdii dongles?
    There are wifi and Bluetooth obdii dongles out there that'll read what your car's ecu is doing. Bluetooth ones are much cheaper than the wifi ones. Are there any apps that'll let me use non apple approved Bluetooth devices such as this? From what I understand headsets and keyboards are the only bluetooth hardware that can be used.

    Fwiw, 3GS with ios4.

  2. #2
    Bump...

    I'd like to know the same thing. I have an OBD-II bluetooth adapter hooked up to my car and I'd love to be able to use it with my iPhone. Any jailbreak apps out there that can do this?

  3. #3
    Well I know it is possible do use things other than headsets and keyboards. For example BTstack lets you use a wiimote with your idevice.

  4. #4
    Thanks. Is there any BTstack app that can do OBDII? If there isn't, maybe I'll try to make one. Is there any good documentation of BTstack anywhere?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by skir0987 View Post
    Thanks. Is there any BTstack app that can do OBDII? If there isn't, maybe I'll try to make one. Is there any good documentation of BTstack anywhere?
    What exactly does OBDII do? Like headset,keyboard, you get the point. Is it a controller for something on your car? Oh and what do you mean by documentation.

  6. #6
    interesting for me, thanks

  7. #7
    Well, actually there is nothing wrong with the iPhone reading a Bluetooth OBD with Bluetooth, it's just that an app to read it doesn't exist , I would search for documentation on btstack here and see what comes up, would be a great app, just got to make it happen :-)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    What exactly does OBDII do? Like headset,keyboard, you get the point. Is it a controller for something on your car? Oh and what do you mean by documentation.
    OBDII is an interface that lets you get diagnostic information from a car such as engine RPMs, speed, air intake, heat, engine load, and many other things like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Well, actually there is nothing wrong with the iPhone reading a Bluetooth OBD with Bluetooth, it's just that an app to read it doesn't exist , I would search for documentation on btstack here and see what comes up, would be a great app, just got to make it happen :-)
    Thanks, I'll look around.

  9. #9
    I don't know about apps on cydia that do OBDII, but could you make up something that allowed Rev or DashCommand work with the BT Stack and a bluetooth dongle?

  10. #10
    Default Bluetooth for dashcommand
    now an app that makes dashcommand work with a bluetooth dongle is one i would like to find

  11. #11
    OBD bluetooth key are now supported on iphone, ipad and ipod touch with roqyBT4 app and its roqyOBD addon !!

    check www.roqy-bluetooth.net for more info!

    enjoy!

    roqy

  12. #12
    And roqyBT price is dropped down to 5 euros now !! Available in cydia !! Working with rev, dashcommand and Harry laptimer !!

    Roqy

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by roqy View Post
    OBD bluetooth key are now supported on iphone, ipad and ipod touch with roqyBT4 app and its roqyOBD addon !!

    check roqyBluetooth for more info!

    enjoy!

    roqy
    How do you download it? There doesn't seem to be a download option on the roqy-bluetooth site.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHL View Post
    How do you download it? There doesn't seem to be a download option on the roqy-bluetooth site.
    Cydia, ModMyi.com repo

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •