+ Reply
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Airplane Mode Toggle for SBSettings

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'm fairly surprised this hasn't come out yet, but I was hoping that someone could make an Airplane Mode Toggle for SBSettings. The more toggles for SBSettings, the better!
...
  1. #1
    Theme Creator Jahooba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,904
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

    Thumbs up Airplane Mode Toggle for SBSettings
    I'm fairly surprised this hasn't come out yet, but I was hoping that someone could make an Airplane Mode Toggle for SBSettings.

    The more toggles for SBSettings, the better!


  2. #2
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I know you can shut off individual services, but an integrated Airplane toggle would be more useful, I think. I always like one button/tap instead of two or three (kinda the whole reason behind SBSettings is to cut down on the tap, tap, tap to get to a single function/button).

  3. #3
    Theme Creator Jahooba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,904
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulight View Post
    I know you can shut off individual services, but an integrated Airplane toggle would be more useful, I think. I always like one button/tap instead of two or three (kinda the whole reason behind SBSettings is to cut down on the tap, tap, tap to get to a single function/button).
    You mean like as a springboard icon? That would be great. One tap of a springboard icon to turn off all radios would be really convenient. Right now I use Quicklock 2 because it's way easier to hit an icon than it is to search, by feel, for the sleep button.

    And besides, my last ipod touch worked great except for the sleep button. The buttons are the only movable parts on an iPod, and they're the first to go. The less you use the buttons the better!

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    A working toggle would be great. The one integrated into SBsettings does not work.

  5. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    You mean like as a springboard icon? That would be great. One tap of a springboard icon to turn off all radios would be really convenient. Right now I use Quicklock 2 because it's way easier to hit an icon than it is to search, by feel, for the sleep button.

    And besides, my last ipod touch worked great except for the sleep button. The buttons are the only movable parts on an iPod, and they're the first to go. The less you use the buttons the better!
    Well, just as an SBSetting toggle.

    I agree on the external "hard" buttons. Mine definitely don't have as much "spring" as they used to.

  6. #6
    Theme Creator Jahooba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,904
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulight View Post
    Well, just as an SBSetting toggle.

    I agree on the external "hard" buttons. Mine definitely don't have as much "spring" as they used to.
    Yeah, the physical buttons lose their clickiness after a while. The sleep button on my old ipod has no click at all. A slight change in tempurature is enough force to activate the button.

    Makes you wonder why Apple puts buttons on them at all.

  7. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Yeah, the physical buttons lose their clickiness after a while. The sleep button on my old ipod has no click at all. A slight change in tempurature is enough force to activate the button.

    Makes you wonder why Apple puts buttons on them at all.
    I think they're working on it, but it will probably require that the rim where the sleep, volume, and mute button currently reside be made out of a special touch sensitive material that draws very little power to stay active (and sensitive), and require special gestures or a way of holding it to ensure that the wrong gesture doesn't activate the function. I can see sliding along either side to control volume; holding a special spot for the sleep button; and perhaps tapping another spot for the mute button. You could extend the touchscreen to cover the home button, but how do you activate it when the screen is turned off? You would probably have to have a separate touch screen area to stay "on". And forget cases or bumpers, if the change occurs. Perhaps the whole development of the glass back will play into this, somehow.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    So without physical buttons there would have to be a reset hole somewhere on the device for when the phone locks up. How would you do a hard reset without buttons?

  9. #9
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    So without physical buttons there would have to be a reset hole somewhere on the device for when the phone locks up. How would you do a hard reset without buttons?
    I didn't really think it completely through, but you're right. You can never completely get rid of buttons. (I will scratch off design engineer from my resume.) I just know Steve likes smooth boxes without any buttons, screws, etc.

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    It could be easily done if they put the reset hole next the the sim eject hole. Or on the side.

  11. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It could be easily done if they put the reset hole next the the sim eject hole. Or on the side.
    I like that. Personally, I don't mind buttons, but I do mind having those buttons wear out. My last iPhone (3G) is still being used by my brother, and working well, but my 3GS buttons are feeling the wear, and I've already had to take it in to get the home button fixed.

    I would like to see the 30-pin gone, and replaced with wireless induction charging and wifi/4G sync (or even micro USB). I use Wi-Fi Sync, but it's slooooowwww, so I usually plug it in, instead.

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manassas VA
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Well, someone must have listened because an airplane toggle poppe up in Cydia for me today... The only issue is, well a big issue, it doesn't work on my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1... Just puts the phone into safemode...

    Anyone install it with better results? I emailed the dev already, haven't heard anything back yet...
    2012 B8 Audi //S4
    -Cliff
    [CENTER]DISCLAIMER: ASSUME THE ABOVE WAS POSTED AS A SMART A55 COMMENT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED

  13. #13
    iPhoneaholic reddawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 71 Times in 59 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    Well, someone must have listened because an airplane toggle poppe up in Cydia for me today... The only issue is, well a big issue, it doesn't work on my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1... Just puts the phone into safemode...

    Anyone install it with better results? I emailed the dev already, haven't heard anything back yet...
    Installed the SBSettings Toggles update today on my 3GS. It seems to work fine. I no longer see "Searching..." and it now turns off my radio.

    My guess is that your problem maybe an iPhone4 issue or conflict with another Cydia application installed on your iPhone4.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

  14. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manassas VA
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    I'm going to try to reinstall it... See what happens

    Edit: just reinstalled, didn't work... Sucks for me, lol
    2012 B8 Audi //S4
    -Cliff
    [CENTER]DISCLAIMER: ASSUME THE ABOVE WAS POSTED AS A SMART A55 COMMENT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED

  15. #15
    iPhoneaholic patoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    350
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    not an iphone4 issue, as it crashes my 3gs springboard

  16. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Crashes my SpringBoard as well

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts