Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Find Cheapest Gas Price Along A Plotted Route

Default Find Cheapest Gas Price Along A Plotted Route
    The title kind of sums it up. But, this would be awesome. I don't even know if they have this application even just for the PC. But ideally, you would plot your route on your iphone via google maps, and then do a search for the few cheapest gas prices along your way (or within 1/2 mile of your route). And it would drop pins on your route. Get it?

I would love this app. Whenever I go someplace, I forget to check for gas prices anyways on my pc before I leave, so it'd be nice to be able to do it mobile. Even when I do check out the gas prices online, I'm never sure if they gas prices I'm looking at is along the route I'm currently about to travel. Get it?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

There is a webapp out for the iphone that does just that. But no true app. This would be great however since my Suburban took $90 the other day

Could you show me where this web app is? I've looked for it and can't find it anywhere!

Igas you can get it over at iphone.com

thanks for the tip about iGas, I'll give it a shot later

I know this is a bit of an older topic, but I wanted to let you guys know that I've developed a web application that finds the cheapest gas prices along a route, FuelMyRoute.com. I don't yet have an iPhone app for it, but you should be able to access the web app just fine from your phone (I know I've checked it from my iPad).

Thanks,
    Marcus