+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Answering Machine for iP4?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I have searched all over for a stand alone app that will serve as an answering machine for incoming calls without using the voice mail services. Does anyone know of
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up Answering Machine for iP4?
    I have searched all over for a stand alone app that will serve as an answering machine for incoming calls without using the voice mail services. Does anyone know of any?? If not, it would be great if a developer made one. Us folks who constantly travel in foreign countries could use an app like this. Trying to use voice mail services through a local provider is somewhat challenging with the language barriers. Using AT&T is very expensive when roaming internationally. Nokia supports third party apps like this and I'm certain one could be developed for the iPhone. I'm sure this would be a great seller!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ACSS View Post
    Trying to use voice mail services through a local provider is somewhat challenging with the language barriers.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? What language barriers, and how would your phone playing your outgoing message and recording at the beep be any different from normal voicemail or Google Voice?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

+1 GoogleVoice

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer0x View Post
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? What language barriers, and how would your phone playing your outgoing message and recording at the beep be any different from normal voicemail or Google Voice?
    Try setting up the local voice mail when their is no English support! How can I follow their directions over the phone?? I take it you have never traveled in developing countries. GV would be great if I could use a developing countries number. How is a local supposed to call me?? They have to call internationally to the states. Am I missing something here besides voice mail?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Get a number there like you have been doing and forward it to googlevoice?

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK...I will look into GV a little deeper so I can get better educated. However, I would buy a stand alone app in a minute. Thx

Edit: I tried to set up GV and I was given the following message. "Google Voice is not available in your country.
    Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future."

Again, a stand alone app could be a nice worldwide seller!!!
    Last edited by ACSS; 08-10-2010 at 10:55 PM.