Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: File downloader compatible with music and video files for 4.0 os

Default File downloader compatible with music and video files for 4.0 os
    On 4.0 os you cant download music or video files with adownloader, safari download manager and safari download plug-in. Please fix this bug!!

I would like this too, but for the time being I just use "downloads" from the apps store. It's not integrated into mobile safari but it gets the job done. The only problem is I can't find the download directory in ifile...

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb283 View Post
    I would like this too, but for the time being I just use "downloads" from the apps store. It's not integrated into mobile safari but it gets the job done. The only problem is I can't find the download directory in ifile...
    IMO that's the best app for the job, including jailbroken ones. I find it manages to download fine from filehosts that SDM doesn't work with.

As for the download directory, it's ./Documents/ from the app's root directory, which you can find in /var/mobile/Applications/ by enabling "show application names" in iFile. I suggest just creating a symlink to it from /var/mobile/Library/Downloads/ so it's easy to access from iFile and other apps (I would have suggested having one in the other direction as well, but symlinks don't work for app store applications).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cypherpunk For This Useful Post:

andrewb283 (08-11-2010)

Thanks! Didn't know about the "show applications" switch in ifile, make it soooo much easier