Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App for Changing slider text

Default App for Changing slider text
    I am fairly new to jailbreaking, I have 2 things i would really like to do hopefully there is an app for these... I would like to change the text in my slider, and i want to change the way the app icons look, not entirely, just the border or basic shape... i don't know exactly... i would also like a different status bar and other icons for the stuff on my status bar but nothing i download seems to work... One more thing I would like to change the clock on the lock screen as well

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth726 View Post
    I am fairly new to jailbreaking, I have 2 things i would really like to do hopefully there is an app for these... I would like to change the text in my slider, and i want to change the way the app icons look, not entirely, just the border or basic shape... i don't know exactly... i would also like a different status bar and other icons for the stuff on my status bar but nothing i download seems to work... One more thing I would like to change the clock on the lock screen as well
    What phone do you have???? Most themes only work with 3.0, the previous version. They are being slowly updated, though. Look for ones specifically 4.0 compatible.
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

3GS with 4.0 os

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

for changing the text in the sliders, download iStrings, it will show up in Settings.

For icons, either make your own in something like photoshop or try out various themes.

Icons must be .png files and have the EXACT name of the app you are replacing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Niner1000RR For This Useful Post:

ddonuts4 (08-08-2010)

Thank you much, I got rid of the black bars on my lock screen cause I've always hated them, lock screen will be almost complete once I change my slider... Then it's on to my status bar and keyboard, I'd imagine the stuff I downlooaded from cydia (keyboards, status bar icons, and status bar) need updated to work with 4.0 cause right now they don't work at all...

Does mystrings do that too?
    Last edited by sephiroth726; 08-08-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth726 View Post
    Thank you much, I got rid of the black bars on my lock screen cause I've always hated them, lock screen will be almost complete once I change my slider... Then it's on to my status bar and keyboard, I'd imagine the stuff I downlooaded from cydia (keyboards, status bar icons, and status bar) need updated to work with 4.0 cause right now they don't work at all...

Does mystrings do that too?
    How do you get rid of the black bars? Is there a theme or something?
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

I downloaded transparent clock and transparent slider from cydia, had to put is above my skull slider in cydia cause the skull slider comes with a fancy design on the black bar... here's a screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-1.png  

What I'm looking for now is changing my slider text color