Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Toggle: disable headphone mode

Default Toggle: disable headphone mode
    My phone is stuck in headphone mode and it seems to be heat related. Im not the only one to meet this problem and i think/hope it is possible to create a toggle for sbsettings which can disable the headphone mode, forcing the iphone to use the speaker...

Can anyone help me please ?

Question Similar prob
    I have a similar, but opposite problem: The iPod's internal speaker is always on, even if a headphone is connected. Oddly enough, when a headphone is connected, BOTH the internal speaker and the headphones output audio. I can't listen to my music in privacy. The volume pop-up does not even say "headphones" either. Not only that, but adjusting the volume only adjusts the internal speaker, not the headphones, which are stuck at full-blast.

To add off of your idea, someone should make a SBSettings Toggle that toggles how to output audio. When it is off, it should output via the native internal speakers only, when it is on, it should only output by the 3.5mm jack only.

Seriously, are there any devs out there who could make a toggle? Other than finding wht PList, it shouldn't be too hard. Any similar tweaks or info on such a PList, anyone? Cmon a moderator's opinion could help. Oh, and see the trackback, I posted how I "fixed" the problem for my scenario.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    A setting that enables you to switch between the headphones, bluetooth, speakers, and 30 pin. I want to keep my headphone plugged in for calls, and switch to the 30 pin for my car stereo output.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Bump.

2 months later and all you say is "bump"? (I still don't know what that means). Lol.

Because of the audio output madness, a nonworking home button (overheating?), a weird battery that would partially discharge when off, and the tragedy that occurs when iPod tries to battle aqua and fails, I decide to get a new ipt4 last Friday. So I lost my JB; at least Ill have 2 cameras, a mic, ios4.1, and game center to play with before and after the next jailbreak !

/bump
    Last edited by Tamkis; 09-26-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamkis View Post
    2 months later and all you say is "bump"? (I still don't know what that means). Lol.

Because of the audio output madness, a nonworking home button (overheating?), a weird battery that would partially discharge when off, and the tragedy that occurs when iPod tries to battle aqua and fails, I decide to get a new ipt4 last Friday. So I lost my JB; at least Ill have 2 cameras, a mic, ios4.1, and game center to play with before and after the next jailbreak !

/bump
    We had a confluence of interests, even if we didn't share the exact same problem. My original post was concisely worded, and hopefully added to the interest in developing a setting that would solve your problem, and mine. Need I say more? "Bump", in case you have bumped your head a few too many times, is to move a thread up that has been buried in the bottom of the stack (out of sight, out of mind). Not sure it makes much sense to bump your own post, since it's at or near the top of the scrum (the equivalent of lifting yourself up by your own bootstraps, I suppose). Anyway, my iPhone works well, but even if I upgraded, I still wouldn't get the feature set I want (at least not from Apple). Facetime may be cutting edge to you, but I'm still waiting for functionality to catch up with the "magic".

Can anybody find the plist or file that puts the iPhone into headphone mode so I can disable it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Somebody, anybody, please?
    I simply cannot handle taking another iPhone apart and don't feel like trying to switch out the headphone jack when I think it might be the logic board. A toggle setting that disables the headphone jack would be most useful... anyone have any suggestions here?

I literally joined this forum just for this. I am a huge music lover and having my headphones stuck so quiet is frustrating. could this possibly be fixed?

Same problem. Is there any headphone disabling app out there?