Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ringtones + SIP Client = Awesome

Default Ringtones + SIP Client = Awesome
    Unfortunately, I can't find a single SIP client, AppStore or Cydia, that allows choosing my own ringtones for when I receive VoIP calls. The closest I've found so far is iSip in the AppStore, and it only lets me choose from a subpar selection of crap. Why is this?

Of all devices, the iPad even has the complete selection of the iPhone's default ringtones installed. I used to have an iPod Touch, and I would assume the same was true for it. So if these ringtones already exist on all the iDevices, why isn't there a SIP/VoIP app that lets you choose one for calls?

..which leads into my point: why is it that we can put a man on the moon, but we can't have VoIP/SIP clients that let us pick our own ringtones? How do all the SIP clients available overlook this? Its like they were so caught up in offering the most advanced SIP options that they forgot what they were even programming: a phone client. It rings.

Please someone prove me wrong and tell me there's an app somewhere that does this. If there isn't, I'll just buckle down and swap out the crappy WAV and MP3 ringtones in the SIP client I end up using with my own ringtone through SSH, but REALLY, it shouldn't be this hard.

/rage