Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PWNPlayer

Default PWNPlayer
    Hi i've been looking for this app all day long on cydia EDITED. everywhere i just can't seem to find it anywhere. i found it on the modmyi web site but it doesn't appear on my search on the iphone i do have all the repositories installed. I would really like it if someone would help me out or at least give me name of some other app that can do same thing. And i was wondering if is pwnplayer or some other app able to replace ipod.app when i for example connect the iphone to my iphone car adaptor witch reads music synchronised with iTunes ?
    Thank you for reading and sorry if i posted in the wrong section or forum
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 03-28-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: edited

I'm having the same problem! I can't find Pwnplayer or PwnPlayer lite in cydia

I found the deb file and installed it on my iPod touch 2g 3.1.2 but I can only use it once. I ran the app lasted a decent time but then crashed the next time I ran it crashed after 3 secs. I uninstalled rebooted reinstalled rebooted but it still doesn't work

Yeah PwnPlayer doesn't work on 3.1.x and will crash upon startup. I believe only PwnPlayer lite works. I also found a deb of PwnPlayer lite and successfully installed it on my 3.1.3. It works and still crashes occasionally, but it's not too annoying.

I've attached the deb for PwnPlayer lite 0.1

It looks like PwnPlayer and its lite version will never be on Cydia again. The only way to get it is to manually install the deb file. Bummer
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following User Says Thank You to viche12345 For This Useful Post:

devize (07-24-2010)

does pwnplayer lite work on os4?

Quote Originally Posted by devize View Post
    does pwnplayer lite work on os4?
    Dunno. I don't have IOS4 installed yet. I would just try installing the deb anyway. If it fails, it will just crash to the home screen. That's probably the worst that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by viche12345 View Post
    Dunno. I don't have IOS4 installed yet. I would just try installing the deb anyway. If it fails, it will just crash to the home screen. That's probably the worst that could happen.
    Well I haven't got ios4 yet either, so that's why I was asking. I like my mewseek/pwnplayer combo with circuitous, backgrounder, stacks and winterboard so I'm still deciding whether or not to 'upgrade'.

It does work in 4.0.1, which should mean no issues with any 4.x as of right now.

It's not glitch-free, but it seems to work well enough.

-G

just in case anyone was wondering, it works fine on 4.1 too

Found the thread on google..

I am, like so many others, looking for something to replace iPod on my iPhone.. I cant find pwnplayer in cydia, any one who have a source that i need?

Got fw 4.2.1..

Thx for a nice forum! =)