+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: disable power-off

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
hey, i am looking for an app that disables the power-off button or even better: a code needs to be entered the reason why i want to have this: i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default disable power-off
    hey,

i am looking for an app that disables the power-off button or even better: a code needs to be entered

the reason why i want to have this:
    i have installed ilocalis (anti-theft software). there are a lot of things to do with, but if the thief turns the phone off, there is no more chance to get some data...

does anyone know a solution for this?

greetz
    chris

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

even if you disabled that they could still turn it off by holding sleep+home. thats a fail safe option so i guess its impossible to disable that combination

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My idea is that the phone should PRETEND to shut down, so a thief would have no idea that it's being remotely tracked.

I've never developed software before, but I'll probably try it sometime and do this before anything else. It would be nice if you could configure it to show a "Charge Battery" screen or "Connect to iTunes" screen after a thief tries to shut it down...possibly encouraging them to keep it charged while you track GPS.

Or course, it would really be running the entire time. If the charge really does go dead and a thief turns it on after charging it, I'd prefer if the phone could boot right back into the mode where it pretends to be off / charging.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

not a bad idea shigoroku. I'd pay for that. could be a mobileme add-on or something, but then everyone would know about it, and therefore make it almost pointless . but still, id pay for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I could whip up a MobileSubstrate plugin for that, if you wish.