Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Negative Black App Fix Suggestion!

Default Negative Black App Fix Suggestion!
    I did some tinkering with black levels on videos I encoded and discovered that if you increase the brightness slightly on the encode, you eliminate most of the shimmering negative black look. So I had an idea for a possible fix if there are any programmers out there willing to try.

Would it be possible to create an app that changes black levels, brightness and contrast, and possibly RGB levels for the entire screen?

Ive noticed that if the normal operating screen runs a gradient from white to black on a scale of 0-225, 0 being black, then if you increase the black levels so that the range is from 5-225 instead of 0, you greatly reduce the negative black, which only appears to affect screens when absolute black (0) is displayed. Obviosly it appears there is a varying degree of this defect in iPhones so i think having an app that lets the individual adjust these settings could tailor a fix to each individual iPhone... Lemme know what you think....

heres an image of a test i did by increasing the brigtness by 5 (the bottom screen)-negblackfix.jpg

I really hope this can happen. I keep getting iphones with this issues. It's terrible!

I also noticed a clear screen protector really helps out alot

its hard to make out what your picture is, is that a photo or movie?
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

it was a video of a dvd that I converted to the iphone... Smallville season 6. The point of the image was to show the difference in black levels from a camera looking at the exact same angle. I edited two running videos of the same scene side by side, one brightened and the other normal, and clearly the black levels look better on the brightened image compared to the original.

Default great ideea
    i have the same problem on my iphone.
    even the pictures and camera input looks darker than it should

maybe a mod to increase brightness (not just the light power) on the iphone ?