+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.2 iphone 3G Safari Crashes all the time... automatic cache clearing?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I am running 3.1.2 and I am jailbroken via BlackRa1n. I have been using Cydia's "Repeat Memory Free" for some time now but it has not halted my mobile safari
    Thanks

Default 3.1.2 iphone 3G Safari Crashes all the time... automatic cache clearing?
    I am running 3.1.2 and I am jailbroken via BlackRa1n. I have been using Cydia's "Repeat Memory Free" for some time now but it has not halted my mobile safari crashes, which happen consistently up to 10 times a day - always when browsing image laden websites, saving images, loading multiple tabs, etc. I did however just discover that if I routinely monitor the available RAM with SBSettings and notice it reaches a low amount due to the browsing(20MB or lower) I home button out of safari, go to settings, clear the cache and it greatly reduces the black screen to home screen crashes I'm experiencing.

SO:

Is there any way to write a mobile substrate add on or maybe a SBSetting toggle to clear the cache (not history or cookies)?
    Last edited by mook2420; 12-30-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: bad diction...