+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wanted: Disable Side Vibrate Toggle

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hey everyone, Just wanted to throw a quick idea out their, so far I haven't come across a simple tweak like this. My side toggle is very much broken, to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Wanted: Disable Side Vibrate Toggle
    Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to throw a quick idea out their, so far I haven't come across a simple tweak like this.

My side toggle is very much broken, to the point where walking down the street I get a few vibrates every other stride... The loose connection or whatever it is is very sensitive. I am sure many other people with beat up iPhones may have the same problem.

A nice solution would be an SBSetting toggle like the vibrate one, but also turn off responses from the side toggle.

Any questions feel free to ask.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Or fix the switch, its pretty cheap.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

I second this motion in favor of creating a toggle. I myself have no need for it, but I have friends with clapped out iPhones who have this problem and they are both incapable of changing the switch out themselves and too poor to pay someone to do it for them, not to mention the downtime of having to send it out.

in retrospect "too poor" seems harsh. its more like why spend money on a clapped out phone when getting a new one is really what you need.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after the post and some searching more around, I found that autosilent has the option to disable the toggle. however even with that option on, their always seems to be a semi beep from the phone. i have since contacted autosilents developers and they said that this is a known issue.

bear in mind these are the people who claim that the app is the only one with that functionality... hope the issue is resolved soon.