Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE HELP! Can't get quick reply working with ANY quick sms apps!

Default PLEASE HELP! Can't get quick reply working with ANY quick sms apps!
    having an issue with Quick Reply for sms. Everything seems to be working except for the pop up text messages. I can do a quick compose but new texts never pop up during other apps. They just show as a new message over the messages icon on SB. Anyone have any idea what could be blocking this functionality? I've tried quickSMS and biteSMS ...same problem. I'm thinking it might have something to do with Mobile substrate but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This doesn't make much sense. Please tell what firmware you're on and which version of the apps you're using. Finally confirm that you have purchased these apps legit and are not using cracked versions!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

ncarroll77 (11-19-2009)

3gS Jailbroken. 3.1.2 firmware. Quick reply with SMS were downloaded cracked first, then when it wouldn't work I deleted it and bought the updated one on Cydia from Saurik. I also tried biteSMS's newest version and quick SMSs newest version. Same problem, they look they are working, Mobile Substrate is checked to 'on' for the app, but still new texts don't pop up on lockscreen or over other apps. I'm also using G.O.C. pro theme, but dont' think that's a conflict right?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you allowed the popup in the settings?

Yes I had it set to on

Eh, I tried QuickReply through the Rock 10-day trial. Same thing happened to me. Sticking with biteSMS's Quick Reply solution.

Yeah unfortunately, I've tried 3 separate quick reply apps and all of them have this problem, including BiteSMS which I have installed now

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Strange, I dont have a problem with quickreply!!!

That is wierd because I havent had problems with that one.

Mine works fine and i'm on 3.1.2

Do you have any call rejecting apps on your phone, like uh....MCleaner, and iBlacklist I think they're called. I remember having issues with my quick reply pop-ups until I deleted that iBlacklist, that helped. Good luck

shocking to see guys have problems relating to quick reply,
    neither me nor the guys i know have problems , any ways this mini tutorial will help if some probs in future,

thx for the post