+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! iPhoneBrowser issue..

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
i've got a 3g jailbroke with blackra1n. everything's been working fine, i can DL and install apps. however i'm working on something that requires me to connect my phone to
    Thanks

Default HELP! iPhoneBrowser issue..
    i've got a 3g jailbroke with blackra1n. everything's been working fine, i can DL and install apps. however i'm working on something that requires me to connect my phone to the program iPhoneBrowser. i connect it but i don't see all the options i was looking for. i can't get int the areas i need to i.e. "Library" folder, the only folders i see are very limited. when i try and navigate there the program says my phone hasn't been jailbroken. what am i missing here, is this just a crap program, or is something else required on my end. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    information wants to be free

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote "Blackra1n does not create the afc2 service needed by iPhoneBrowser." iphonebrowser - Project Hosting on Google Code

Try iPhone Explorer: iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC It's free.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Thanks

ok i just downloaded it and tried it and i'm getting the same thing. when i go to select root directory the top option listed as "/" Real iPhone Root Directory is grey'd out and won't let me select it. any suggestions?
    information wants to be free

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Blackra1n doesn't patch a certain "services.plist" file. This gives those programs permission to access the files you are trying to get to. I'll post the link to the fix as soon as I find it.

Install "afc2add" from cydia and it should fix problems with iPhonebrowser. Also, at the end of this post; blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices there is a way to do this manually(if afc2add) doesn't work.
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 10-28-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's another link for running in MobileTerminal: blackra1n & iPhoneBrowser
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!