Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 seemingly simple app requests

Default 2 seemingly simple app requests
    The first and my main request is an app that allows you to minimize the keyboard (mainly sms) when clicking away from the keyboard (for example clicking at 1 of my texts would minimize the keyboard). I know edit does this but I cannot load older messages unless I am not editing so if I am looking for a text I received a few hours ago from someone (I text A LOT) I would have to hit edit, find out if its in that screen, if not click done, go back to the top, click load earlier messages, rinse repeat until found.

The second would be to have spotlight or the dial pad be able to search by number. Yes I know if I dial the entire number in the dial pad it will show whose it is but if I want to type the last 4 digits of a number I want it to show whose number has those numbers together. Spotlight would be a perfect place to have that work. I have tried iSmart Dialer but it uses the letters of the number and if I wanted to do that I would just use the regular search in the contacts. Also I don't want to open a separate app from those 2 to be able to search for something that I should be able to find with either of those 2 ways.

If anyone knows of any programs that work with this (or know how to change iSmart Dialer to do it the way I would like) please let me know. I have tried searching all over the place without success and have resorted to requesting these apps.

Thanks for any help!

The first one is a feature of biteSMS. It looks and works exactly like the regular SMS app, and it's only $7.95 for a full license.

Yes I have looked into that but I feel I shouldn't need a separate app to do something so small that should have been done in the first place from apple.

IDK, I absolutely love BiteSMS. Quick Reply/Compose, smileys, tap-to-remove-keyboard, character counter, send SMS over Wifi, show contact pics in list...and they have a bunch of new features coming soon.

I'm not sure how hard it is to program a Mobile Substrate extension to actually add a feature to an existing application, but I know it is possible (ever heard of YourTube?)

Yes I have seen YourTube in action which is why I am making these requests since it seems feasible.