+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone fm transmitter

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I was reading an article last night that was talking about how the iphone 3gs and the newer ipod touches had the ability to receive fm radio, and that apple
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iphone fm transmitter
    I was reading an article last night that was talking about how the iphone 3gs and the newer ipod touches had the ability to receive fm radio, and that apple was working on a program that would be released soon. Another little tidbit that I noticed was that it also had to ability to broadcast fm signals as well. I was wondering what the chances were that someone would be able to create an application of that sort and if it would even be strong enough to have any good quality at all. Not only would that be nice in the car, not having to hook up all the cords every time i got in my car, but it would also be nice to use something like that at home. you would have (within a certain range of the stereo) the same functionality of the airport express remote combo, with out having to buy anything. Plus it would work on any stereo that you were near. Maybe it's just me, but I really like the idea of being able to listen to my iphone through any car/ home stereo that I happen to be near.

Thanks

Came out to be false, just a rumor. No FM equipment in the iPhone or iPod touch.