+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Auto Turn Off 3G when Iphone sleeps

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I got my 3Gs not too long ago and I love it, the speed is incredible, no complaints about that. The only thing is the battery life is the worst
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation Auto Turn Off 3G when Iphone sleeps
    I got my 3Gs not too long ago and I love it, the speed is incredible, no complaints about that. The only thing is the battery life is the worst out of all models(2G, 3G)... I notice when I toggle 3G off when I am going to lock my phone for a while my battery doesn't suffer as much, so that is where an app should come in.

Simply turn off 3G connectivity when the iPhone is locked for more that let's say 2 minutes, it'll run on edge which consumes a lot less battery, and what background app needs 3G anyway?

Maybe it can be called iBatterSave or 3Gsleep.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

I like your idea. But lets not say for 2 minutes. Cause lets say your phone goes away and you get a text well texts send faster on 3g right so if 2 minutes after ur on edge it affects it. Maybe if you could get it to go off after about 15 minutes? I think that would work to. Wish i could make this happen.

Thanks

I love the idea myself. But here is an idea regarding helping you save battery. MacSergey is a preference app that allows you to dim the screen in say 5 secs vs the normal 30 and auto lock your phone in like 15 sec instead of a full minute helps save battery when you are not surfing and such. I love the feature.